Is Sprint anti-gun?

Brasso

I heard somewhere that they were anti-gun. I think that MCI is also. Does anyone know who I can use for long distance without feeling guilty AND broke?

Jeff Thomas

Brasso, take a look at Marathon:
http://www.marathoncom.com

Their President, Philip Wahlbom, was at the 9/99 Gun Rights Policy Conference in St. Louis, MO, and they were a sponsor. Note their target market, per their web site:
"Marathon USA services two market segments: the pro-gun / pro-hunting community and the general population of small businesses nationwide. The first segment constitutes about 90% of our current customer base and is very stable. This is a dynamic, fast growing market. The second segment includes, but is not limited to, businesses which consume less than $5,000 monthly in long distance service. Our corporate objectives will be accomplished simultaneously in both market segments."

Regards from AZ

ps - and, Sprint is a gun bigot company - they helped defeat MO's concealed carry legislation this year. Along with Hallmark, and others - see http://www.wmsa.net/against.htm .

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited December 01, 1999).]

longhair

Jeff, tried your link.. Here's what I got..
A 403 error has occured
Reason: You don't have permission to access /.
Maybe, they're just having problems.. Thought I'd let you know...

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Jeff Thomas

longhair, thanks - but, it worked last night, and I'm confident this is the correct site. I assume as well that Marathon is simply having problems with the site, or perhaps updating it. Give 'em a few more hours I suppose ...

Oatka

I got the same error message at 9:50 PST.

I got a call from Sprint about a month ago wanting me to use their system. At the time I was unaware that they were anti, but I gave them the standard question -- "Where does your company stand on gun control?" Dead silence. You could almost hear them riffling through the response manual. After 30 seconds or so, they came back and said they didn't know. Told them to call back when they did. Haven't heard from them since.

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

G35MN

Try www.marathoncom.net

NEVER Mind not the right company.
Said it was a telecommunications company buy I don't think it's the right one.

[This message has been edited by G35MN (edited December 01, 1999).]

Brasso

Jeff Thomas, thanks for the link. It didn't work though. I went ahead and called the company by phone (800-894-4081) and signed up. It's a little more than the bigger names, but well worth it. $2.95 a month service charge and 10.5 cents a minute. I decided to donate to the SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) since they are the only ones currently down in the trenches doing any real fighting.

C

CHEMNCO917

Sprint is a off-shoot company of the United Telecom Group..... I worked for them in the early '70's and they have ALWAYS been anti-hunting/firearm/military..... their (one time) North Electric Company once refused a Military contract because the commo gear was to be used in VN... (the contract went to a small company in Raytown MO - RayCom) that made receivers)... and they did, indeed, donate $10k toi the help defeat the MO. proposition. The president may be for guns but the controlling board of directors isn't....