Is Smith is changing it's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pahoo

ThomasT

What difference does it make if they change the name from smith & wesson holding company to american outdoor brands corp?

The guns will still be Smith & Wesson. They are changing the name of the holding company.

Quick -- who owns Colt? Who owns Remington? Who owns Marlin?

Auto5

My understanding is that the holding company is changing its name, but the Smith & Wesson brand name remains the same.

Cheapshooter

Personally, I am very disappointed and feel that they are cutting their own throats.
Maybe you wouldn't be so upset if you read the whole article you linked to!

The brand name Smith & Wesson will remain for its firearms products, operating as Smith & Wesson Corp., a subsidiary of American Outdoor Brands Corp..

S&W will still be S&W no matter what name they have on the corporate headquarters of the parent company.

Texas45

Much todo about nada here.
The GUNS will still be S&W.
Anhueser Busch changed their name but Budweiser is still buttwiper and most dont even know the parent company changed same will happen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pahoo

Thanks TEX !!!

Much todo about nada here.
The GUNS will still be S&W
Thanks Tex. and hope you are right and I'm reading too much into this. All I want to see on any future Smiths, is S&W. ....... ;)

Be Safe !!!!

Texas45

Thanks Tex. and hope you are right and I'm reading too much into this. All I want to see on any future Smiths, is S&W. ....... ;)

Be Safe !!!!

Clearly stated in the article link.
That S&W will remain on weapons and will operate as a subsidiary of AOBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mal H

Staff
As already discussed and explained, nothing will change as far as we are concerned. Holding companies change from time to time, and generally it makes no difference in the products we are interested in. Check out the history of RCBS reloading as a good example.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.