Is it a Bul M5?

New_comer

Hi, all! :D

There is this gun I saw at the on-going gunshow that reeks of BUL construction, what with the polymer frame, and loud engraving of the BUL trademark.

Except that this one had milspec slide serrations (rear only), pin type front sight and dovetailed rear sight, no guide rod.

Is that an original? I was hoping to acquire one, as it was priced only at $620, but I was taken aback with these strange characteristics.

Thanks for your replies.

Lennyjoe

Dont know if this is the handgun you were talking about but if it is its the Bul copy of the Kimber Ultra Ten II. They are going for around $456 at this website. Rumor has it that Kimber and Bul are in cahoots and are making them together. Bul lowers and Kimber uppers. http://www.lisc.net/p618.htm#eaabul1911
eaabul1911.jpg

Lennyjoe

Oh yea, I was wanting a Kimber Ultra Ten II but $700 is a little above what I can afford for now. Thought about inquiring about the BUL one for $456. Dont know how BUL warranties are and repair times but Kimber is out of NY and might be easier. Dont know for sure, havent had any dealings with either one yet..

JBarn3

The Bul / EAA deal fell through, however, the M5 should be readily available in the US shortly courtesy of Charles Daly.

Here is a post made by "Charles Daly" a company rep elsewhere on the net.

As to the Bul M5, yes it was true that EAA planned to import these models into the US this past year. However, the project never materialized because it was EAA's intention to have Tanfoglio manufacture some of the components, thus allowing EAA to come into the market at a price much lower than previously sold M5 pistols. The EU instituted an arms embargo against Israel and the supply of parts from Tanfoglio to Bul was shut down.

Now for the rest of the story...

KBI has entered into an exclusive agreement with Bul to begin marketing the Bul M5 under the Charles Daly name in North America beginning in 2003. The Charles Daly M5 hi-cap polymer framed 1911 pistols, enitrely manufactured by Bul in Israel, will be available in Government, Commander and Officer sized models early next year. Suggested retail will be around $599.00, well below the Kimber's list of $850.00. (Bul made all of Kimber's polymer frames before this year.) The quality of Bul's production is excellent.

We hope this information will prove useful to the board.

Sincerely,
Charles Daly

CD has already sold the Bul Impact, a polymer CZ style pistol, in the US under the DDA (Daly Double Action) name.

More info on the Bul pistols is available at www.bultransmark.com