Is anyone else fickle??

rugerfreak

I went to get my 700 Mountain Rifle off lay-a-way and to put a Kimber .45 on lay-a-way------And wound up with a half paid for Cooper Model 22 Scheel's Varminter(Montana Varminter) in .22-250 on lay-a-way. The Scheel's name is actually part of the serial number. No Mountain Rifle-No .45 pistol---Just one single-shot varminter.

This rifle comes with Talley bases already installed and the test target laminated in plastic is basically 3-shots into one ragged little hole. The trigger is even better than my Kimber 84M.

After I get this rifle out---the pistol might just have to wait till I get the Beretta O/U that I almost took instead of the rifle.

Does anybody else change their mind as fast as me?? Sometimes I just get that kid in the candy store syndrome---AAAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHHH

Shoney

If you live and hunt in the same manner you buy firearms, I'll bet its a real gigle for those people you hunt with, to watch your delema when more than one animal gets up.

Shoney:rolleyes:

C.R.Sam

Went to the store in the wife's car to get more buns for the cookout, came back with a truck and gun, no buns, no car. Soon no wife. Things are better now.

Sam

priv8ter

Me too

Yup, I have this exact same problem. Every time I goto the gun store, I walk out of there with a different gun labled as 'My Next One'. It'sjust, except for a few cheapo models, you are looking at dropping at least 350 for a decent gun, and it seems like my needs/wants/desires change every time I go fondle something new.

HKguy9

Really I thought I would get the 'not putting money where the mouth is' award. Not that there are many places I can put it in CA.

nsf003

That's me

I was watching American Shooter this morning and saw a Glock with interchangable barrels that can fire 9mm, 40 Auto, and .357 Sig. Decided that this would be my next purchase. Then I saw a Benelli M4 and wanted one of those. Then I decided on a AR15. The AR15 is the "next to get" for the moment.:D

nsf003

JohnKSa

Administrator
Get a Glock 20 and you can shoot 10mm, .40, .357 Sig and 9mm by swapping out barrels (maybe recoil springs for the 9mm).

Cosmoline

BOW DOWN TO ME

FOR I AM THE KING OF FICKLE

I have bought, sold and traded about 25 small arms in just the past three years in my quest for perfection. Here is a very partial list:

Dan Wesson .44 Magnum revolver (good, but didn't know it at the time)

Beretta Cougar .45 ACP (jam-o-matic)

Ruger SRH .454 Casull (hurt)

Topper 88 shotgun (hurt a lot)

Marlin '95 Guide Gun in .45/70 (too much accuracy variation between cartridges)

Two different Winchester '94's in .45 Colt (jammed too much)

Ruger No. 1 in .45/70 (poor shooter)

Ruger .22 plinker pistol (couldn't hit the squirrels with it)

Romanian SAR-1 AK-47 (not powerful enough)

Two different Yugoslavian M-48 Mausers (so good and cheap I end up giving them away to friends)

Mossy 500 police surplus shotgun (still own it)

Marlin 94-22 (got a Ruger .22 instead thinking it would be easier to tote around)

Uberti Colt Peacemaker clone (wanted to use handloaded .45 Colt)

Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt (didn't quite like grip)

Taurus snub-nose in .45 Colt (couldn't hit sqat with it)

Ruger single six (barrel not long enough for squirrel hunting, got too cold in the winter)

Iver Johnson .410 (still own it--can't complain)

Marlin 30A in .30/30 (not powerful enough and barrel was crappy)

My latest quest is to build my OWN rifle using a Mauser action as the base, which I suspect is the only way I'll ever be happy.

lunde

Congrats on the Cooper! They're fantastic rifles.My Cooper Arms M22 Montana Varminter did the following with Hornady 40gr V-Max (the factory load):

m22-22-250-group-05042004.jpg

I own seven Cooper Arms rifles, with number eight on order. My first, an M22 Montana Varminter in .308, is my antelope rifle. I got the following large buck on October 1st in Wyoming:

antelope-lunde-10012004.jpg

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
Fickle? Not really . . . .

It's just that, uh, I have an active mind, and my uh, FOCUS is a bit variable. Yeah, that's it.

I recently had a stainless Colt Govt Model on lay away at one shop, a Browning High Power on lay away at another shop, and was trying to gather money to get one or the other out. All of that started because one of the shopekeepers thought he had a buyer for a .303 I didn't really need. In the meantime, I went to a third shop with a view to selling a couple of safe queen items. Upshot: I came away with no folding money, but with a satisfactory trade for two ADDITIONAL handguns and some factory ammo. Took me another month to get the two lay aways out of the respective shops.

My bills are paid for this month and checking account is 'way low, so I have to STAY OUT OF THE GUN SHOPS and just enjoy what I have on hand. I don't dare go buy loading components, though . . .

:p
Johnny

keens

I have as well on a few occassions waited and waited (saved) for a specific gun...I am talking years here...and in a matter of a week saw something new and changed my mind...even sold good guns to have something I thought would be perfect...been disappointed a few times...so I can relate...my wife thinks "there will always be another gun you want" and she is right...
Here are some keepers though:
Remington LTR .308
Browning SS 30-06
Armalite AR-10
Ruger Redhawk .44 mag. 5-1/2 inch barrel.
:cool:

Any .45

I got the same problem I'm like a kid at a candy store. I walked in purchased a Dan Wesson .357 supermag used, then I went to the gun store where I purchased the .357, the shop owner told me to visit him at the gun show I went and came out with a pair of 1911's, then I went to his shop again put a CZ-P01 on layaway for graduation, then when I went to pick that up, I saw Dan Wesson 1911 and put that on layaway which was last week sometime and now i try to avoid going to gun shop so i don't go crazy and purchase something else. Fickle yes, economical no, but I needed a hobby so this is the one I choose. :eek:

User Name

C.R.Sam said:
Went to the store in the wife's car to get more buns for the cookout, came back with a truck and gun, no buns, no car.
Thats hillarious!!! :p
In the past few months I've been in shops that had firearms just priced way too low for me to pass up, so I bought them...I have no use for them other than to use as barter latter on...which will prolly never happen.
I've found that no matter how useless they seem, ya don't miss 'em till they're gone.
Just look at how many in this post traded off something they regret...
It never ends...it's just what we do... :cool:

jAK-47

m22-22-250-group-05042004.jpg

Hey, you totally missed the POA orange dot! :rolleyes: Yes, I'm KIDDING. Quite the group!

Fickle? If I got a tattoo for every gun I ever said, "I'll never sell this baby!" and then sold it, I'd be one ink blot! Sold my Bushmaster Shorty and bought an AK; sold my G30 and bought a G26; sold my FAL and bought an SKS and am saving up to BUY BACK the Bushy AND the G30.

But, I'm not going to get rid of my AK or the SKS OR even the G26; I think they are actually "Keepers"; is that the sound of a tattoo gun I hear?

Me fickle?
jAK-47

Dwight55

Until I have more rifles, pistols, and shotguns than that lady in the Phillipenes who had shoes: probably never be satisfied. :cool:

Women buy furs, shoes, dresses, silverware, living room furniture, bedroom furniture, pots, pans, dishes, rugs, chairs, tables, doilies, purses, bed spreads, curtains, wall paint, porch paint, paintings, pitchers, pictures, . . . just to mention a few. :eek:

Can't I have a decent mower, decent tv, and a few guns? I think it is only fair. :D

May God bless,
Dwight

FirstFreedom

Yes. Stuff on the list remains on the list. Stuff not on the list comes home and goes in the safe - doh. But, OTOH, that Cooper is gonna be shuh-weet - I'm sure you'll be quite pleased. I want a Cooper also - kinda want one in 6mmPPC - figure if I'm getting the most accurate rifle around, oughtta get the most accurate cartridge to go with. What could one hunt with 6PPC? Jus' thinkin out loud... Dwight, sounds logical to me. :) Nice lope, Lunde! - I envy you (and your rifles, and your hunting skills).

BusGunner007

The Fickle Finger of Fate is giving me FITS!

Fickle, you say? FICKLE?! I'll give you fickle! :D

Just when I thought I had everything reasonable for a decent collection or use thereof:
I look into the crystal ball and see ~~~ :cool: 3 GLARING HOLES!!! :eek:
Yes, I know there are probably MORE than that, but I've gotta clean the crystal ball!

The 3 missing units would be -
1. Winchester Model 70 CRF in ?
2. 1911 .45ACP
3. S&W Revolver

What collection would be missing these 3? Why, MINE, of course.
I built mine around a different set of parameters and did quite well. Everything fits and functions the way I wanted it to.
The '3' mentioned would, to me, be something either considered 'timeless' or 'archaic', depending on how you look at it.
If I get them now...they'll be 'timeless'!!! ;) BUT, I don't really want 'em!

So, strictly FICKLY speaking, I'm looking at:
1. An AK Underfolder to celebrate the NO BAN! ( I don't have an AK...yet )!
2. A Kel-Tec SU-16 so I don't need to get any new mags or ammo!
3. A Beretta CX4 Storm so ( see above justification )!
3.5 A Beretta Cougar .45ACP ( I like Berettas; I don't have a .45ACP )!
3.75 A Beretta NEOS Carbine Kit for my 4.5" bbl. NEOS!
4. A Remington 504 .22LR because every Man should have a really nice .22 rifle to hand down to his kids!
5. A S&W Bodyguard 649 in .357 ( If this and the Cougar .45 had been available 10 years ago, I wouldn't be typing this ridiculous post )!

THERE YOU HAVE IT.
FICKLE at its finest! :)