Is Anybody Here Swat????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBOUNCE1

It was on FX last night and i have seen it several times but last night was the time that really got me thinking is it and the training realistic or just plain NO???

HangFire83

You know what they say...You're either SWAT or your not. Great movie..as to its authenticity...I have no idea. I guess I'm in the not category.

I'm not SWAT but I used to teach a lot of SWAT officers. Some stuff in the training looked fairly accurate, some looked like it was designed for the movies. I put in the qualifier because there is no such thing as uniformity in training, SWAT or otherwise. What one agency/group might do is looked on with disdain by others, while the others training technique might be considered worthless by the first.

pickpocket

I put in the qualifier because there is no such thing as uniformity in training, SWAT or otherwise. What one agency/group might do is looked on with disdain by others, while the others training technique might be considered worthless by the first.

Hmm...much like the threads in this forum! :cool:

hahahaha...:p

rmagill

I do not think this is exactly what you are looking for, but it is still on topic. In the commentary on the DVD, they mention that the SWAT officers used in the hostage situation in the opening scene that throw the secure landline to the suspects were actual SWAT officers that happened to be in the right spot at the right time to be in the movie. I could be wrong, but I would imagine (because their part was pretty insignificant) that their actions were genuine.

BreacherUp!

Most of training was fairly right on. Never seen the John Woo roll on the range. Plane assualt was quite amusing. Throw phone scene was right on. Two man hostage rescue was not. Physical training right on. The one element being tasked with everything the entire movie, not real. Interior tactics maybe. As was stated, different teams, different tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.