is a savage 110 bolt in 30-06 good?

m&p45acp10+1

I do not own one as of yet. I can say however that I know several owners of Savage rifles that frequent the range that I am a member of. All of them are quite happy with thier rifles. All of them are capable of shooting better than the people that own them. I shot one that was a .270 WSM and it was a tack driver.

olddav

I've got one and hated the trigger (pre Accu-Trigger). After replacing the trigger with a Rifle Basix one, I fell in love. With hand loads the rifle will shoot 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards if and I mean if I do my part. There are things about the 110 that I'm not crazy about but over all its a good hunting rifle.:)

Snakedriver

If it's in good shape that's a very good price. I have the pre-accutrigger stainless steel version of the 110, the model 116 in 7mm Rem. Mag. and it's the most accurate rifle I have despite the stout recoil. Pre-accutrigger Savages are fully adjustable. Mine came from the factory with a perfectly crisp 3 lb. trigger. :cool:

Fusion

If it has the accu trigger it's a decent price. If it doesn't have the accu trigger it's way to high. None the less, it's a great rifle. You can get them brand new with the Accu trigger and a Simmons scope at Walmart for right under $400.

bassfishindoc

I have a 110 in 270. It is very accurate but with the wood stock it is quite heavy and there seems to be more recoil than in my other firearms. The accu trigger is fantastic in my opinion. If the rifle is in near perfect condition that is a great price, if not get one new. I got mine at walmart with a Simmons scope (that I have since replaced w/ a Leupold VXIII Boone and Crocket) for under $400.

Kreyzhorse

They are great rifles and accurate as hell. If its in good shape, I'd say $300is fair price and would jump on it.

As far as the scope, it really depends whats on it. If that rifle was a package deal, the scope isn't likely worth much if its a Simmons or Tasco. Easy enough to replace however.

jhgreasemonkey

I've got one and it's one of my favorite. Very accurate, simple design and user friendly. I like the accu trigger as well. I have owned pre accu trigger models and they are great rifles too. There are tons of aftermarket parts available and they are a good choice for a switch barrel rifle if you ever want to go that route.

buymore

I recently got a Stevens 110E in 30-06, birch stock (obviously no accu trigger) pretty good shape though. I am pretty sure it is exactly the same as the Savage 110. Mine just came with Weaver two piece mounts, no scope, but I got it for $230 cash walking! I'm very happy with the accuracy and build of the gun. The trigger is adjustable, but with experience. Not a bad trigger from the factory.

TX Hunter

Cajon 46

I hunted for many years with a Savage 110 30-06.
I have taken alot of deer and hogs with it, the rifle was accurate, and never failed me.
My Son started using it, and fell in love with it, he has killed Two Big 8 Point Bucks with it, a Doe, and two hogs.
He is still using it, and that rifle is still one of my favorites.
I recomend buying the rifle, its a good proven reliable firearm.

sc928porsche

The Savage 110 is a good rifle. I have a 110E in 7mm mag. It shoots well. My only complaint is the quality of the stock and the finish. They used a cheap wood and did not polish the metal very well before it was blued.

I picked it up in a distress sale for $100. With the teardown and polish and reblue, plus a richards microfit wildcat stock, It is a handsome rifle that shoots well.

hooligan1

Get it... I got lucky in a trade, a taxidermied bobcat I had for the 110 in a .270 win. This thing has barely been shot, or cleaned for that matter. It shoots wonderful! No complaints from the hooligan1!!:)