Is a Saiga 12 a good investment?

Delaware_Dan

Title says it all, say I pick up a NIB Saiga 12 for $600-$625, and 2 12 round mags for $52 a peice, would this be a good investment? It seems that magazine fed shotguns are on their way out the door, so if/when these get banned would I have/did I make a good investment? The converted ones are selling for about $900-$1200, and if I convert it myself I feel like I could make a couple of bucks in a year or two. Am I going to regret paying that much for one or will it pay off? What do you think?

6x6pinz

I have had saiga shotguns for some time now. While the price has gone up, most of it has been in the last political enviroment change. I don't forsee the price increasing all that much if/after a ban of them occurs. They are what they are, a great shooting shotgun but really not worth the market price today, IMHO. I have a couple of the AGP 10 roudners and a couple of the 20 round drums along with a handful of 5 rounders plugged for duck/geese. The s12 is mainly a hunting gun but ocassionaly sees the range.

I modified my S20 but to do it right takes almost as much as just buying one already converted. You have to eat the labor and just do it for the fun of it. I don't plan on selling off any of mine but would not mind adding another one or more to the collection if the price does settle to a reasonable amount.