Is $419 a good price for Kahr P9 or 40?

JackDRipper

Looking at getting either a Kahr P9 or 40 and dealer has them for $419, okay price? Anything to watch out for with the Kahr polymer frame? Thanks,
JR

Eric Larsen

The price is good. The P" series has had some teething problems.
The trigger pins have had a problem staying in place and the slide rails have warped. I dont know if they have the problems corrected as of yet...you may want to call Kahr and see whats up.
Shoot well

KSFreeman

Recent convert to Kahr. Over 2,500 rounds no problems to date. These pin reports have made me nervous in the service.

I paid $464 with night sights for my P9. So it may be on target depending on your location.

gwalchmai

Dang, it sounds like the midwest is the place to buy pistols, esp. Kahrs. I see P9s in Atlanta at around $525 - $550.

Catbird

I think $419 is a very good price; I bought my P40 several months ago at a gun show for $425 and I thought that was excellent. BTW, my P40 is my favorite carry gun (and I have lots to pick from).

popnokick

My P9 Covert was $525. It had the "walking" trigger hinge pin and Kahr told me to send it in. I did, and they replaced the pin and the spring - no charge, no hassles. It shot well before, and it's as good now as before - if not better. Never a FTF or FTE or any other type of problem. I've had more than 700 rounds of all types of JHP and FMJ ammo through it.