Is 10mm ammo/brass hard to find?

Xfire68

A friend of mine was looking into get a 10mm (I think the Witness?) and I remember reading that they were more then a little difficult to find?

I went to a "Big" gun shop that carry's most ammo and they were out of 10mm and said it normally sells out fast.

Checking online for 10mm brass and I find it hard to come by. Once fired would be fine?

Red_Eagle

I had 500 pieces of Star line on back order for 2 1/2 months. I think once the ammo scare is over things will be ok. I'm pretty sure were at the tail end of it now.

wxl

You will see 1X 10mm brass for sale on the various gun forums fairly frequently. Thought I over did and picked up 4-500 Starline back 3 or 4 years back and 1000+ 1X from couple sources on the forums that were getting out of 10mm. Now I am happy I did. A lifetime supply as I am brass still reloading the first 200-300. Always lose ~10% when I shoot the 10s. Will have to dip into reserves soon to replace losses.

Xfire68

Do you find that it cost more for once fired 10mm brass over more common brass?

Just trying to get a idea so I can inform my buddy.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
If you plan ahead a little you won't gave any troubles. Once fired brass is available quite often right here on TFL.

The major bulk ammo factories, like Georgia Arms, usually have it available or a short wait at worst.