Iron Sights for Tactical Rifles

shooter_john

As soon as my local dealer can find one for me, I will be getting a Savage 110Tactical .308 w/ HS Precision stock. This will probaly be one of my #1 shooter's, and I want to dress it up a little bit, mainly with a set of back up irons. What type of sights do any of you have experience with or would you recommend, and how much should I expect to pay for them and to have them installed. ( I really like the looks of the sights on the M24, but I don't know much about them.)
Thanks in advance for any help!

Scorch

If you need backup sights for a tactical rifle, get Leupold QD scope bases and rings and buy 2 scopes. Easy on, easy off. Maintain zero.

indybrad

Badger makes really nice bases and rings. They run about $3-$400 for bases and rings depending on what you get. The rings are milled to 30mm only but they have spacers for 1 inch scopes. I know they'r pricey but they are solid and you shouldn't have any trouble with them. I don't know what it would cost to get them installed. I guess it depends on the gunsmith.

Dave R

FWIW, one of Clint Smith's quotable quotes is, "if TSHTF, iron sights wll rule the world."

I don't know brands very well, but in my experience aperture sights are a whole lot easier to use, and more accurate, than notch & post sights.