Iowa on the track to SHALL issue???

I just found out the Iowa Legislature introducing House File 120. It seems to me that they want to push for a change from may issue to shall issue. I'M PUMPED!

http://nxtsearch.legis.state.ia.us/...+shall+issue&fn=default.htm&xhitlist_d=curleg

Anybody know the next step that happens after a House File? I'm still a bit apprehensive because even if it gets pushed through Congress, we just elected a Democrat for a Governor. And, I don't think we're talking about a Bill Richardson here...

Yellowfin

I'm very glad to see that. The additional measure for getting them to reciprocate with other states is particularly good. I'm not sure I'll ever live there but it's entirely possible I could be passing through and currently I have AL and PA permits. Also I am glad to see other states gain CCW people who VOTE. CCW+ voter is a combination I love to see.

GerryM

Also glad to see this, as it would be one less state where I would have to unload and lock everything up on our drive from Colorado to Michigan... still got Illinois in there...

Do you think there are enough votes to override the Governor if he doesn’t sign the bill??

Rembrandt

Thank the Iowa Sportsmans Federation and Clel Baudler,....it's still a long journey before it could cross the Govs desk. House, Senate, and Gov are Democrat controlled...we'll see what happens.

Do you think there are enough votes to override the Governor if he doesn’t sign the bill??

I have no clue. Even so, if Chet Culver (our Gov) vetos the bill, we're probably in for a long ride. Probably stretch out over a couple of years instead of six to eight months. This is just purely speculation on my part.

It took many, many years for Michigan to become shall issue. Hope this isn't the case for Iowa...

Thank the Iowa Sportsmans Federation and Clel Baudler,....it's still a long journey before it could cross the Govs desk. House, Senate, and Gov are Democrat controlled...we'll see what happens.

Rembrandt, I will. Have any contact information so that I can send thanks?

Thanks, gunshow. I'll hit the site and see what's the newest rating they give him. It may be a good indicator on what the future holds...

MrApathy

tuttle do you not read Iowacarry.org?

the bill is nothing new ones been proposed for many years just as in Illinois.
though Iowacarry is doing what they can.

its nice this one has backing of Iowa Sportsmen federation which is a marked improvement.

Iowa 99 counties and 99 different actions of the same law that gives sheriffs
discretion to prohibit the possession of citizenries property.

rhgunguy

Iowa 99 counties and 99 different actions of the same law that gives sheriffs
discretion to prohibit the possession of citizenries property.

The sheriffs discretion is the way the law reads, when it is actualy up to his discrimination.

Call your reps Iowans. Let's make them sick of hearing us complain!

MrApathy

its unconstitutional but just try going to the streets and asking people about the constitution Iowa or US

guilty until proven innocent

rhgunguy

its unconstitutional but just try going to the streets and asking people about the constitution Iowa or US

guilty until proven innocent

Just what does that add to the discussion? May I call you Eyore? Because Mr. Apathy just does not quite suit you attitude. Perhaps Mr. DoomandGloom? Or just Mr. DaG for short?

On an actualy note that pertains to the thread, I have done my legwork and know that my "Republican" representitive(a slight minority) is a east-coast democrat on gun issues. And Iowa used to be such a nice place to live.:mad:

tuttle do you not read Iowacarry.org?

No, I don't. I didn't know about the organization until recently. I live here, but I'm also a transplant...

I'm having trouble deciphering your sentence structure. Are you saying this is an old file?

MrApathy

bill gets proposed about yearly though its starting to get more support and versions have changed over the years this one I nearly agree with.

Rembrandt

Tuttle8 said:
.... Have any contact information so that I can send thanks?

Retired Highway patrolman, great 2nd amendment supporter.

http://www.iowasportsmen.com/
78.jpg

Clel Baudler
http://www3.legis.state.ia.us/ga/member.do?id=78&ga=82
Clel.Baudler@legis.state.ia.us

Thanks, Rembrandt.

I'm going to get ahold of them and talk to the better half this weekend on the possibility of working a budget to provide financial support if needed.

prime8

Thank you

I had no idea this was going on. I guess being a hermit does have a disadvantage. I too will contact my rep, and watch closely.

TexasFats

Even if it is defeated this time, just keep trying. Several states have had persistence pay off. Even in Texas, Ann Richards vetoed the first attempt at legal concealed carry. It took a new governor to get it through.