Intratec tec 22 scoped?

Taxidermist

HI I'm new here and was hoping someone might know of a mounting system for a intratec tec 22? Maybe a claw base mount of some kind. I've had the gun for years and thought it might be fun to add a scope to it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

Last edited:

Ac1d0v3r1d3

Check this out.

I just did a google image search on "intratec tec 22" and the second pic had a scope on it, theres the link

http://www.sksparts.com/tecparts.html

P.S. How do you like this pistol? I've been thinking about getting something along these lines. But maybe 9mm. Do you have any other "assult" type pistols?

P.P.S. WELCOME TO THE-FIRING-LINE!

Taxidermist

I have had the tec 22 for quite a few years and it's a fun shooter. It's nothing I'd hunt with but fun for plinking. If I can't scope it, I may get a barrel mount laser to pop on it just for kicks. Thanks for the welcome. It looks like a nice forum with a ton of information.

John

Taxidermist

Finally after trying several glues that didn't work I used a 2 part epoxy and got a scope base mounted on the tec 22. It's been awhile because i didn't want to speak too soon. I have put over 800 rounds through it and it is still rock solid. I guess they can be scoped with a little trial and error. Every place that used to sell base mounts that I checked on said they were out and no longer available , so I guess making your own is the only option but it works well.

I removed some of the finish where the base was to be glued on to make sure it would make good contact. after setting it together I wrapped tape around it to hold it in place and let it set over night. I ground the base edges down so it would fit snugly between the two top grooves on the tec 22. This is the end result.

IntratecTec22.jpg

FS2K

I've never owned a tec-22

But I wanted to drop a line and say GOOD JOB Tax! It looks great and the fact that you went out and chanced modifying your gun yourself deserves some praise.

For future projects like this, you may want to look into urethane based adheisives like Duramix's 4040 semi rigid. It's used by the autobody industry for 'gluing' sheet metal panels together. They aren't as finicky with worktime and aren't as brittle as most epoxy's.

Taxidermist

fs2k: I'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure what I used. A friend who works at a place that builds things for NASA gave me the 2 part epoxy and said it would hold anything so I gave it a try. So far it's rock solid.
I guess I got lucky after reading all the complaints on the tec 22 because mine accepts any ammo I put in it. When i first got it it jammed alot but noticed when I put the mag. in if you push the mag. forward you can hear a click like it is popping into place. Since then it has never jammed if I do that every time. I just enjoy plinking with it and with the scope it gets alot of looks.

John

juissed

I'm bringing this back from the dead in hopes that Tax has some updates on the scope mount for his Tec. How's it holding up? Any close up pics of the mounting?

What did you use for the rail?