Intratec Sport 22

Karanas

Last year, in an impulsive moment I soon came to regret, I bought one of these POS at a local gun show.
Major selling points were a low price, it would accept Ruger 10/22 hi-cap mags and looked like it would be a fun gun to plink with.
A 50 round handgun that jams every 2-3 rounds is not fun. Turning it over to a competent gunsmith would cost me more than the gun is worth. Any suggestions, or should I just hold on to it until there's a gun buyback program in the neighborhood and unload it for whatever I can get?

Badger Arms

Pawn it. Pawn shops generally pay big for flashy assault-style crap. Any real guy person knows not to buy the Intratec. I bought a Tec-22 once. Not really that bad a gun and mine is reliable. Little bit of quality control would have been appreciated though.

manny1

Buy back?

A little dremel work (if you own one & know how to use it) & a Tec 22 runs like a champ. Dremel a feed ramp at the bottom of the chamber & polish it, then dremel the front of the ejection port about a 1/8 inch (a little at a time, test firing required) & they run 25-30 rounders like a champ. Neatest little 22 handgun I've ever owned. Goes great with my 10/22. Do you expect a $100 gun to run (it ain't an SKS!). Mine does now. As for offering it for the "buy back program", guess anyone would sell their guns for a turkey! Maybe some cheese? Why do you think they still do the buy back programs? Takes all kinds...

blackdragon

tec 22 jams

These gusn are sensitive to the ammo you feed them; I've had good success with CCI stingers; apparently intratech used to recomend Winchester SuperX ammo.

Also, as the mag lips get worn, the tec starts feeding badly; the dremel suggestion might help there.

blackdragon