Into The Real World

dakota.potts

I am excited to announce now that, after completing my course in gunsmithing from Piedmont Technical College, I have graduated and accepted a job offer. I will be working as an apprentice gunsmith/machinist at C&H Precision Weapons, a precision rifle and handgun company out of Labelle, Florida.

As many of you know, opportunities for gunsmiths (and especially apprenticeships) are few and far between so I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to enter the real world with a career that allows me to continue learning.

I won't be set up and running for a little while yet; but I look forward to producing high quality products in the industry. I also look forward to the thought that one day I might be able to make some custom dreams happen for some of the members on this forum.

Thanks for being a place for learning and communication from the time I started this journey. It is just a hair over 4 years now that I went from never firing a gun to pursuing the goal of being a full time gunsmith

Last edited:

FITASC

Excellent! Congrats as well..................that's a nice part of Southern Florida (as opposed to South Florida - which means Miami, for those unfamiliar)

g.willikers

Congratulations and the best of luck to you.
Had to look up where Labelle is.
Looks like it's about 30 miles east of Fort Myers, Fl.
Judging from their web site, it looks like you're going to be in with real experts.
https://chpws.com

surveyor

Congratulations, ill look forward to seeing more posts of your projects.
Enjoy the swamp cabbage festival in Labelle, and the swamp buggy races in naples while you are there.

Looks like some nice work coming out of that shop.

Last edited:

Jim Watson

How neat. I had a college classmate from Labelle.
But that was 50 years ago and he is now retired to Petaluma California.

Best of luck in a paying job.

kozak6

Congratulations! It's quite an accomplishment to finish school, but it's something else to have a job lined up, just like that.

Well done.

Evan Thomas

Dakota, congratulations! It's been cool to follow your progress since you joined here, as a "gun guy" and as a person. Looking forward to following the next chapters, too. :)