Internet SUCKS!!!

TNT

thats another one I am talking about buddy just told wifey I needed to have it she said no you just want it I said no I need it she laughed and said ok.:D

FirstFreedom

Sweet. It's arguably the best rimfire levergun out there, with it's main feature advantange over others being the extremely short lever throw for cycling. It's the fastest non-semi-auto rimfire out there, including pumps!

Clayfish

The wife got me one for Chrstmas last year:p . I just got to brag. It's the best .22 I've ever had and one day my kid's gonna have it (when we have one).:rolleyes:

Clayfish

compared to what? If you dont mind me asking

The .22's I've had are...

remington 522 viper (crap)
erma US carbine (a semi clone of the M1 carbine in .22. It's a great little gun. still got it.)
ruger single six
10/22
marlin 60

Like I said, It's the best I've had.

ETA I forgot about one, I had a mossberg 39A target turnbolt circa 1941 (I think) The browning is still better.

Last edited:

Ian2005

Maybe its just me, but I don' understand the fixation with a lever-action .22 rifle. I mean at the range, or anywhere else for that matter, for all the "work" to chamber a round for this little spit drop of a bullet, seems pointless. A semiauto I would think it would be far more enjoyable. Now if you going to have a lever, I would think you would want a true caliber in there, a 32 caliber, 30-30, something of more significant power and size. Punch a bigger hole in a target, take down a deer or something. I guess if you wanted to give your kid his first rifle with echo's of the past, well it might do.

deadin

Maybe its just me

Trust me, It's you.:D Otherwise there wouldn't be much of a choice of guns out there. Just a semi-auto .22, one gun suitable for hunting and another for defense, etc. Kind of boring.

(Don't take this seriously, I'm just poking fun.:D )

Dean

FirstFreedom

By, if it was me, I'd look for an older used one from the 60s on back, not a new one. Nothing wrong with the new ones made in Japan, but I'd rather have a Belgian made one myself.

Wait a minute.... I may be full of it. They may not have ever been made in Belgium...still researching; bear with me. Now I'm reading that Miroku of Japan started making them in 1969 or 1970; hmmmm.

http://www.browning.com/faq/detail.asp?ID=202

FirstFreedom

Non-semi-auto repeaters are a bit safer for kids, who have a tendency to forget things (such as "hey, my gun automatically loaded up the next round"), and so be having a deliberate action, it refreshes their memory, that "ok, I just loaded a round into the chamber" each time they cycle the lever, pump, or turnbolt.

tulsamal

Don't blame the internet. I used to spend god knows how many hours poring over the newest Gun Digest. I never had any trouble finding new guns that I REALLY needed!

Gregg

TNT

Ian2005

Maybe its just me, but I don' understand the fixation with a lever-action .22 rifle.
1. For one they are a reminder of the past a nastalgic thing
2. They are cheap to shoot
3. Its a lever action
4. Some of us are fixiated with the past but sometimes you cannot aquire the bigger calibers due to price. So aquiring a .22 lever action is like getting a miniature lever action so to speak.
This will ruffle feathers so I apoligize up front
5. If I was to get another lever action in a bigger caliber it would be a .454 Casull or a .45-70 or .444 Marlin. Anything but a 30-30 I find that being respectful as possible the 30-30 is under powered and limited in what it can do. The other calibers I would choose before I got a 30-30, granted it has done its fair share of taking down critters. But I feel that there are other brush calibers that perform better. (THIS IS NOT A FLAMER TOWARDS THE 30-30 OR ITS CURRENT OWNERS) Just a matter of preference IMO

pwelsh4hd

A BL-22 was the first rifle I ever shot in my youth, about 35 years ago, and I bought it from my grandad for $1 shortly before he passed away ($1 so that we could say he sold it to me, so none of the other yahoos in the family could get upset). It's a wonderful sweet shooting rifle, and I'll cherish it forever.
Gotta love those takedowns and old BAR-22's too:D

FirstFreedom

Fyi

Near as I can tell, they've been manufactured in Miroku Japan ever since their creation in 1969, which is apparently contrary to some widely held beliefs that there are Belgian BL-22s.