Internet Purchase to New York (Ballistic Imaging)

Camaro81

Can I even get a firearm shipped to New York from out of state(in this case a Taurus 24/7 9mm)? Who then performs the firing test to provide state police with an expelled casting(NY and Maryland are only states to have such a database)? The actual seller or the FFL in my state? Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks for the help guys.

Nick

2002gti

wow you guys need to have a fired round before the gun can be sold? im in california and we dont even have that. . . . . . YET, we have the drop test that the manu. needs to pass before getting his gun on the approved list. what other BS can they think of next?

Camaro81

Give California a few years :) They actually considered it in 2002-03 but a report on the feasability of such database by the Attorney General's office in 03 indicated the technology is just not "there" yet but the state should not completely abandon the idea.

Monkeyleg

Don't know where in NY you are, but Collector Rifle and Ammo is between Albany and NYC. They test-fire the gun for you, and take the fired case to the cop shop. They do it for free for guns you buy from them. I don't know what their policy is with out of state transfers.