Interesting Facts.

mparris71

I got this in my email from a friend I thought I would share it.

These are is very interesting facts.....
Number of physicians in the U.S.: 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.
Accidental deaths per physician . . . . 0.171
(U..S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the U.S. - - - 80,000,000.
Number of accidental gun deaths per year [all age groups] 1,500.
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000. times more dangerous than gun owners.
FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a Public Health Measure I have withheld the statistics on Lawyers for
fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical aid. :)

Mal H

Staff
This is a relatively old statistical "analysis". It's more of a general nature so I'll move it to General Discussion.

larryw

One factiod I found is that children are twice as likely to drown in buckets and four times as likely to drown in bathtubs than die by a gun: parents could have prevented six times as many negligent drowning deaths as there were firearms deaths.

Required reading: Gun Facts.

jcoiii

buckets

when is sarah b gonna get up some legislation on those pesky buckets? maybe we could all sign a petition requiring the registration of buckets. or maybe we should require a training course for their use! maybe no sale of buckets to anyone under 21? federal regulation of bucket size/capacity. something must be done. do it for the children!!!!!!!!!!:D

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Did you know that you can buy buckets, swimming pools, and swingsets without a background check?

Won't somebody please think of the children?!?

Navy joe

Tamara, I'm sure there's a Constitutional right to a swimming pool and buckets, something about the "pursuit of happiness" It's protected, the waterwing grabbers must fail. Now if we could just put a tax on water to offset the massive public health costs of drownings! Oh wait, I already pay for my water. Well pay more comrade!