interchangable barrels

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Lemme ask why? It is not anything I would want on mine... I do not know if such a beast exists that is a MAX 2 3/4 inch chamber.
Brent

Doyle

You don't need to. 2 3/4" shells will fit in your 3 1/2" chamber just fine. 3 1/2" is the maximum you can use - not the only thing.

zippy13

Mix-n-Match

This is an over simplification, but think about .22 rim fire rifles: Typically the ones with detachable box magazines will feed only .22-Long Rifle's. But, the ones with a tube magazine will usually feed .22-Shorts, .22-Longs and .22-Long Rifles in any combination. Most shotguns with tube magazines are the same, the size given is the maximum, but you can mix in shorter ones.

cavemapper

a better explanation

i want a barrel with a 2 3/4 chamber for the gas seal and a smaller bore diameter, the ultra mag barrels are back bored to .780 and i want something in the range of .730-.750 back bore im going to make it into a match gun, not three gun compitions, 2-2-10 matches. i have thought about a smooth bore slug barrel but i cant find bore sizes or chamber sizes on them. i even checked the mossberg web site

johnbt

The only one I've turned up with a quick search is from wilsonprecision.com and is an odd duck, but maybe they'd make what you're looking for.
________

Mossberg 835 12Ga

36inch Bull Barrel, 2 ¾" CNC Machined Chamber, Interchangeable 7/8" Cryo Drop-In Choke (1 included).

Each Barrel Is Designed And Built To Shoot:

(1) Type Of Shell, and (1) Distance.
Custom Lengths Available.

$399.99ea