interarms walther ppks 380 ??

ronc0011

I have an Interarms Walther PPKs in 380 ACP I am going to have to sell and I need to determine the price I should get for it.

The proof mark on it is an eagle (bird) with an “N” under it followed by the letters “HK”

The actual SN is 238507S

lechiffre

Possibly close to $ 1,000.00

Depends on condition and accessories.

This is an actual Walther made in France/Germany proofed in 1979 imported by Interarms.

$500.00 would be more in line if it was manufactured in the USA.

jaughtman

Interarms PPK

Most of the true made in USA Interarms PPK's or PPK'S around here bring 500-600. I still carry one as my daily EDC.

J

carguychris

michael t said:
That pistol will only go up in value If cared for.
Fixed it for ya. ;)

I wouldn't personally recommend carrying a French / W. German PP-series pistol because the blued finish will deteriorate and cause the pistol's value to decline. IMHO the value of these pistols has entered collector territory. If you want to carry something, an LC9 or Shield is about the same size but is worth half as much, is more powerful, shoots cheaper ammo, and is lighter. :)

Bart Noir

mickael, I notice you are in Kentucky.

You no doubt know that the Kentucky State Police used to issue the Interarms stainless PPK/S as back-up guns, with department markings on them. And some (all) were sold off into the commercial market.

I had the chance to buy one near Louisville 10 years back. But not the money. Drat.

Bart Noir

carguychris

ammo.crafter said:
I wonder what my PP in .32 is worth. It was made in 1942.
This is very difficult to answer because it's very heavily dependent on condition and originality, whether it has military or civilian proof marks, and whether it has any other markings. As with many other German WWII-era pistols, certain markings will cause the pistol's value to more than triple, but they're frequently faked for exactly this reason. :rolleyes:

Quality pictures would be very helpful, along with descriptions and/or close-up pictures of any markings.

Additionally, original magazines and holsters are valuable in and of themselves, although again, differentiating them from later production and/or fakes can be a potential minefield for n00bs.

(Also, FYI, your message says PPK in the subject line and PP in the text. Which is it?)