InterArms .280 Remington

TheNatureBoy

What do you all think about this rifle? A very good friend of mine is seriously considering selling me his for $450.00. It is in mint condition. I'm asking because I don't know much about InterArms products. Anything anyone can tell me about the rifle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scorch

Buy it. Did I mention that I think you should buy it? If you haven't already, drive over and get it. Seriously, that is a good price. 280 Rem is a great round. Interarms Mark X rifles were made by Zastava, the same folks who make the 798 for Remington, in fact it is essentially the same action as the 798, only minor differences. The commercial M98 action coupled with the 280 Rem chambering make that one of the best deals you are going to come across.

Davis

Well, there's more to it than that. In my experience, the Interarms Mk X is a better action than the Remington 798 in that it is smoother (less rough) and is more nicely polished. It's the same action, but nicer. Remington did not improve the rifle when they took over importation from Charles Daly even though they raised the price.

Davis

srtrax

+1 here also! I would buy a Mk X WAY before i would a Mauser Remington...that should be good for anther carton of catalogs i dont need :D (inside joke) sorry! If ya want to know where Remington is headed take a look at its 770, No... i mean up close. :eek:

458winshooter

Interarms 280

I would have to say go for it! I bought my interarms mark-x action rifle before I knew anything about them.When I looked into it I was surprised to find out what many people felt about them.The mark-x action is very well thought of and is considered one of the strongest out there.My rifle is chambered in 458 win. mag.(hence the name),the action is as smooth as velvet.I have never heard a bad thing about them.

all7frogs

I also bought used an Interarms Mark X in 300 win. mag. before I knew much of anything about shooting. Turns out it had alot of work done to it before me like glass bedding, free floated etc. It has become my favorite go to rifle for moose, elk, whitetail, mulies, bear or pretty much anything I need to buy a tag for. Almost seems it knows where to shoot on it's own. Last summer while playing with some loads I had a 3 shot grouping that made only one irregularly shaped hole. I even surprised myself. This one has a Whitworth barrel. Is that common?

Mannlicher

the Mark X is a decent rifle, but I would think the one you are looking at might be a bit over priced.
I recently picked up a like new Remington 700 BDL in .30-06 for only $350.