Insert for auto disk measure...who made it?

Elkins45

I know Lee has been making an adjustable charge bar for the Auto Disk powder measure for some time, but a recent thread got me to thinking about mine. Sometime in the early 90's I bought a machined aluminum one from a mail order company whose name I can't remember. This was before Lee was making their own. It's a very nicely machined unit with a fairly large capacity.

I bought it from a company who used to send out a marketing flyer. If memory serves it was several pages thick and was printed in black and white on newsprint. They also sold custom Contenter barrels as I recall.

Anybody remember the name of this company who used to make adjustable charge bars before Lee started making their own?

Elkins45

I've been racking my brain all day and I've come up with a vague impression that the name Brown was associated with the company somehow????

J. Brown???

The_Vigilante

I found a listing for E. Arthur Brown Co which does make custom Contender barrels but didn't find anything on an aluminum adjustable charge bar: http://www.eabco.com/. Is this the company you are thinking of? Could you post a photo of the charge bar? Thanks

Elkins45

It was E. Arthur Brown. Once I remembered Brown I did some Google search combos until that name popped up (under Contender barrel, not Lee charge bar).

Seems like they don't make (or at least don't sell) them anymore. Anyway, here's what it looks like. As you can see, it's a more refined version than the one Lee themselves sell.

I remember it wasn't cheap 20 years ago--maybe 30 bucks even back then. Still money well spent if you ask me.

DSC_4463.jpg

DSC_4462.jpg

The_Vigilante

Thanks for the confirmation. I sent them an email regarding the charge bar-will post if and when I receive a response from them. Would like to have one.