Initial impressions of my 30 Rem AR and 6.5Grendel

CarJunkieLS1

As some of you guys know I recently got bit by the AR Hunting Bug and that thread can be found here: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568634
I got a little bit of time with those rifles yesterday and my initial impressions are that I LOVE THEM!! I did shoot them to get them sighted in to hunt with and both of the rifles shot very well with 100% reliability. I do not have pics of the targets but both of the rifles shot 3 shots into roughly MOA.

6.5 Grendel used 123gr Amax factory ammo
30 Rem AR suprised me it shot 3 different loads into MOA: 150gr Core-Lokt, 125gr AccuTip, and a handload w/ a 150gr Hornady Interlock SP.

I'll be hunting with the 150gr Corelokt as I have a few boxes of factory ammo.

The trigger in the 30 Rem AR 22" barrel was better than the run of the mill mil-spec trigger, but isn't as nice as a quality trigger in a bolt gun. It has predictable creep and breaks at ~4.5lbs (estimated) it actually feels sort of like a 2 stage trigger, but its not, it is perfectly useable for hunting though. The rifle fired multiple strings in a row with little cool down and the barrel never really got hot, it is fluted the entire length of the barrel and under the handguard that barrel is HUGE and is a good bit thinner after the gas block. The rifle weights 9.5lbs loaded and scoped.

The 6.5 Grendel 20" barrel and a muzzle brake that extends the barrel length to 22" was a little louder than I expected but recoil is negligible. The lower it is has has a Geisselle 2 stage trigger 1st stage 2.5lbs 2nd stage 2lbs. That trigger is amazing and I will eventually add one to the 30 AR. The grendel barrel isn't fluted and has pretty much a straight taper the entire length. I fired multiple strings and that barrel never really got hot either. It weighs 9.0lbs scoped and loaded.

Here are some pics:

[URL=http://s298.photobucket.com/user/Big_Bird_1985/media/20151107_0734251.jpg.html]