inherited pistol- now what

L2R

No, it's not a rare S&W.

It is a Jennings 22.
Complete with box, papers and price tag of..........................$69.00.

Guessing it was test fired and cleaned only if fired at all.

So, all the right things done to what might be the worst gun ever manufactured.

Now for the question, what the heck do I do with this? melt it or what?

So does this have any value or should I hit it hard with a big hammer and keep everyone a little safer?

Chainsaw.

Shoot it! A buddy of mine has a few of em his father in law left behind. They're kinda fun to shoot....and clear.:D

BarryLee

So, just curious if these guns have any collectable value at all? I realize they were not very good guns, but since the company is out of business is there a market. I believe they were once very popular on the west coast and wonder if someone might want to add one to their collection for some odd ball reason. Anyway, just a thought.

pnac

Maybe it does have some collector value, somebody on this forum was asking about an RG. It's hard to imagine anything crappier than RG,but apparently there is a market for junk. Who knows!

I think P.T. Barnum made an understatement when he said "There's a sucker born every minute".

PS- The gun buyback is a GREAT idea! There is your sucker!

blchandl2

There are some people who desire them. I had one, paid $39 for it new. Sold it to somebody who likes them for $50. He said he keeps them in his tackle box, etc. He does not worry if it is lost, broken, stolen......

jdscholer

Clear jams by curling trigger finger over barrel to hold slide back while dropping the mag.

Function usually improves with use.

They shoot as accurately as any mouse gun - more accurately than most shooters.

If you don't want to give it a home, somebody else will. jd

BigJimP

I see them at local gunshows all the time for $ 50 - $ 100....and once in a while I see one being sold...as hard as it is to believe.:D

chaim

Who'd you inherit it from? Does it have any sentimental value? If so, I'd say keep it.

Shoot it. Sure, it isn't a high quality pistol. You may not want to ever use it for self defense. But, it just might be a fun gun to shoot at the range (and as a .22, it will be cheap to shoot). If you decide you enjoy it, keep it.

If it doesn't really have any sentimental value, and you try it and don't really enjoy shooting it, it isn't worth all that much money, but it does have a little value ($100-200) so in that case you may as well sell it instead of keeping it around for no reason, destroying it, or taking it to a community gun "buyback" for a tiny amount of money or a gift certificate to some store for a token amount of money.

Bill DeShivs

While it's an inexpensive gun, most of them worked very well. If they didn't, Jennings wouldn't have sold hundreds of thousands of them.

L2R

thanks all

Yep, all things been considered without a real solution for immediate disposal.

I think the buy back is best idea and have been looking for such near me but so far, no luck.

maybe I will expand my search beyond local.

LOVE THE SOCK MONKEY BUT NOTE HE HAS NO FINGERS LEFT EITHER.

thanks all.

Last edited:

michael t

Keep it and shoot it now and then. Might be surprised. Their a fun pinker. I would never sale any gun to the anti gun buy back crowd . No even a broken one. They just brag how many guns. They got off street even if 90% were broken.

Mike38

So, all the right things done to what might be the worst gun ever manufactured.

I'd put a Jennings a step above a Lorcin.

With that said, I just got home from a gun auction, and they had 10-12 Lorcins that brought $70 to $90 each, so a Jennings has some kind of value, maybe.

If the person that left you the Jennings is family or a very close friend, keep it and think of them every time you see it in the back corner of your safe. If just an acquaintance, sell it for $100 and buy some .22LR to stash away for the next shortage.

HisSoldier

Someone mentioned the RG guns, and that the worst was the RG10, so I Two questions I have about them based on what I saw;

1. Why do people make videos if they have no information? Saying something is inaccurate is like saying a car is heavy, it's only heavy compared to something lighter.

2. I wanted to know what the frame was made of, is it Zamak? In the videos the guns look like steel frames. If they are steel it might be fun to tune one up for kicks, adjust the timing and close up the gap.