Inglis HiPower 9mm

roc1

What do any one you think the Inglis HiPower made in Canada from 1944-45 in good condition would be worth today? How good are these guns?They are a true Browning except they are painted black and use some standard screws instead of metric.You do not see many around.Just curious about them.
Thanks
roc1

rellascout

Lots of factors will come into play.

What is the condition of the gun? Does it have Tangent sights? Is it slotted for a stock?

If not it is worth around $500 to $700 depending on condition. If it is slotted it can be worth anywhere from $1200 to $2000 again depending on condition.

roc1

Good condition .I do not see any slots?I think it is clean and by the #SN it is in the 30,000 range made.It has the original type holster with it.I would say for its age it is 90%.I really do not know how you could judge a gun this old.
Thanks
roc1

roc1

Just plain fixed sights I would call them.I guess I do not know what tangent sights are?
Thanks
roc1

rellascout

Cool. You have a nice Inglis. Worth about $500 maybe more if its in excellent condition or your found the right collector.

I personally would shoot that baby. :)

Oh and Tangent sight look like this. They are adjustable for yardage.

dbe08a.jpg

roc1

Thanks Rellascout I have shot it la little over 500 rounds.I think it is a nice weapon I got it for $429 I was wondering if that was a decent price?
Thanks again
roc1