Information Sources

LoneStranger

I have been asked by several people if I can find information on several different firearms. I am wondering where else but the library, been there done that, I might find information.

Mainly I am looking for care and feeding instructions and the manufacturers are gone or don't respond.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim V

What firearms are you wondering about? Somehow, I think that TFL members should be able to help in your quest.

C.R.Sam

If they are unusual........fair chance that JohnWill has at least two of each of em.:D

Put em up and see what response you get.

Sam

LoneStranger

The first one I would like to have information on is a Remington Model 121 Fieldmaster.

The second one is a Grendel .380 pistol. I was not involved in the purchase and I have nothing to do with influencing the retention of this pistol. I was politely asked for assistance and I can only respond in kind.

Like I said I would like to come up with care and feeding instructions to be able to give better advice.

Harley Nolden

Staff In Memoriam
Lone Stranger:
the only thing I could find is that the Remington 121 is listed as the 121A, slide action Repeater. It is a standard grade, hammerless takedown model, .22 Short, Long Lr, Tubular magazine, holds 20 short, 15 Long or 14 LR ctgs. with a 24" bbl. and was made from 1936-1954.

I find two Grendals in .380

The Model P-10 is a dbl action, hammerless, blowback pistol with a 10 shot magazine. Made from 1988-1991

The second is the Model P12, also in .380 cal, 11 Shot zytel magazine made 1991-1995.

I don't have the assem/disassem on these firearms

HJN

johnwill

The Remington 121 rifle is in the NRA Rifles and Shotguns Firearms Assembly book, ISBN 0-935998-75-6. Mine is the 5th printing, dated 2000. You can probably search the booksellers, both new and used on the net, and find a copy.

For the Grendel, here's a page that I found on a brief search of the Internet that describes field stripping...

Grendel Pistol

johnwill

Yep, and there are a lot of others that sell new and used books. I figure if someone has a browser and can come here, they can type "Used Book Sellers" into the search window. :D:D

James K

Member In Memoriam
The best advice I can give you on the Grendels as far as disassembly goes, is - DON'T!

They are a real bi*ch to put back together, and really don't need to be stripped to be cleaned. The P-10 has a ten round magazine, but it is not detachable. It can be loaded one at a time (awkwardly) or loaded from M16 stripper clips (which work OK with the .380). But even with the clips, loading is not really very easy and requires a special tool to hold the clips.

All in all, not one of the better ideas in gun making. The P-11 has a conventional detachable magazine and is a bit better but, IMHO, neither is worth consideration for any purpose except collecting.

(If you are in Maryland, the P-10 is (AFAIK) the only pistol specifically rejected for the Handgun Roster, which means it cannot legally be sold or transferred in or into that state.)

Jim