Information on S.A.M. Falcon

TexasCop

Hi Everyone,

just got back from dropping off a Remington 742 to be fitted with a Williams receiver peep sight and saw an S.A.M. Falcon high-cap style 1911. I've seen several SAMs online but never held one, this one was a little rough around the edges, has a full length guide rod that doesn't seem to be working right, but I've got a plug and cap in my parts box I can throw in there. The front of the slide and the bushing are all buggered up as if they guy used a hammer on it. I'm trying to get it for 230 out the door as the frame is alloy and felt pretty good.

What I'm interested in knowing is does anyone have any experience with these? The trigger is horrible, but I know how to work on that, I'm more concerned with the actual quality of parts. The safety also barely locks into engagement and out of way, once again I think that I can fix that by reshaping the end of the safety where it meets the spring plunger.

Do the other high-cap magazines from Para-ord and other companies go into the Falcon or is it a proprietary magazine?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input and information.