Information on Gun Collection

TexasCop

Okay,

looking for some info on several rifles. My father-in-law has a bunch that he if finally looking to sell because he just never gets out to shoot them, and I think he's going to offer them to me for the low end of the sale scale that we've been able to find.

I'm looking for information from anyone who owns one of these rifles and what they have used them for, I'm mostly a military-style rifle guy and my knowledge of the history or rarity of these rifles is less than expansive.

2 - Winchester 94 30-30's, I'm guessing between 300-400 each?

1 Winchester Model 71 in .348, auction sites are anywhere from 700-2400

1 Winchester Saddle Ring (88?) Carbine Lever action in 30-06, auction sites are from 1000-2400

1 Browning semi-auto 22, the take-down rifle, 400-1800 depending on grade

1 American Arms 20ga over-under, 400-900

1 Beretta 12ga over under, think it's white onyx, somewhere around 1500

1 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 270 somewhere around 450

1 Browning A-bolt in 243 or 270, somewhere around 500+

1 Winchester 70 in 220 swift?

I figures the entire collection is worth rock bottom around 5300 but if anyone has info I'd sure as heck appreciate it.

RedneckFur

Personally, I wouldnt pay that much for a used winchester 94. When they were made, you could get a new one for that price

Ruger4570

Winchester never made a model 88 in a saddle ring. They were also only in 243, 308 and 358, never in 30-06. It wouldn't work in the short action of a Model 88

joab

Personally, I wouldnt pay that much for a used winchester 94. When they were made, you could get a new one for that price
I agree, but that is what they are going for these days, depending on condition year and caliber that is actually a fair to damn good price

Sweet collection of long guns

Jseime

Wow thats an impressive collection. I would say that the .30-30s are overpriced a little bit but other than that i think youve got er mostly.

bobn

the win saddle ring carbine in 06 is more than likely a mod 95....hope it all stays in family, bobn

Old Time Hunter

I would say he is high on everything but the lever guns. The '94's are going in that range day in, day out. The '95 in -06 is a $1k gun easy and the M71 is probably easily worth a $1k.

I'd dump the rest and keep the levers.

rem33

Check prices at online auction sites such as gunbroker and auction arms. The blue book is good also, I use both.

jamaica

The Winchester 94 pre 1964 models are bringing more than post 64 models.

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/winmods.htm

You can date the rifles from the serial number on this site.

I think you are about right with $300 to $400 if they are pre 64. About $100 less if they are the later model. Depending some on the condition.

You can tell the later models by just the sound of the action. The pre 64s were all machined steel parts and the action sounds crisp. The later models kinda go "slurp". Also look at the part that brings the new cartridge up into position to load. You can see if it is machined or stamped.

At present no more Win 94s are being made. That is why the prices are up higher than we would expect for a rifle that was made by the many thousands.

Oh, you asked about how we used them? The Win 94 30-30 was my first rifle. I used it for everything, about like most kids use a .22. I got a reloader shortly after getting the rifle and so the ammo was cheaper. It was a plinker, varmint rifle and deer rifle. The 94 is a great deer rifle if you are hunting where the shots are under 100 yards. I killed many a buck with mine.

If I could pick from your collection those 94s are the ones I want.