Info on Remington Rifle

Jason280

I picked up a Remington 700 today, and I'm a little curious as to which model it is. Its chambered in .30-06, and has a stainless barrel and action. The stock is an ADL style synthetic, without a floorplate (blind box mag). It has a light contour barrel, and is basically the same diamater as the barrel on my Mountain rifle. Its definitely not the contour used on the BDL/ADL rifles. So, did they offer the Mountain Rifle in stainless/synthetic with a blind magazine, or is this another model?

Jason280

I'm just curious if they offered the ADL in stainless with a light contour (pencil) barrel. I weighed the gun last night, and it weighs in at 6lbs 10oz without the scope.

Jason280

I'll try and get a picture posted later today. One other thing, the barrel is clean (not drilled/tapped for iron sights) just like my Mountain Rifle. Actually, its dimensionally identical to my Mountain Rifle, except its stainless/synthetic with no floorplate.

Jason280

I contacted Remington today, and they confirmed the rifle is in fact a Mountain Rifle. It was manufactured in 1992, and was offered in stainless steel with a synthetic stock.

SrtDog

Most rifle companies will be able to tell you a whole lot of info on your rifle by the s/n. Give em a call. :)