Info on most popular autopistol cartridges compiled for your perusal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futo Inu

OK, this will show roughly the most popular cartridges in terms of what the manufacturers THINK they will sell most of now/near future, because it was compiled from actual "buyer's guide" source.

What I've done here is just pick up a copy about a month back of some magazine entitled "The Complete Book of AutoPistols", which was a newbie-level rag as to articles, but contains what purports to be a complete listing of all autopistols currently offered for sale by quantity manufacturers, from Accu-Tek to Witness. It includes many large custom shops' offerings like Les Baer, Ed Brown, Robar, Wilson, etc., but not small custom outfits. Nor does this in any way give info on revolver cartridges/offerings - it exclusively reports on the most popular autopistol rounds only. What I did was, for each particular model, make a mark in each cartridge category for which the pistol is currently offered. So, the list should show ROUGHLY for cartridge "X", how many different models are readily available:

1. 45 ACP (96)
2. 9x19 (80)
3. 40 S&W (59)
4. 22 lr (29)
5. 9x17K/380 auto (25)
6. 38 Super auto (13)
7. (Tie) .32 ACP and .357 Sig (12 each)
9. 10mm auto (9)
10. .25 ACP (8)
11. .400 CorBon (5)
12. (Tie) .357 Mag and 9x21mm (4 each)

14. (3-way tie of 2 each):
--.45 Win Mag
--.44 Rem Mag
--9x23mm

17. (13-way tie of 1 each):
--.45 Super
--.22 short
--9x25mm
--.22 WRM
--.30 Carbine
--.44 AMP
--.32 S&W wc
--9x18mm Mak
--.440 CorBon Mag
--.50 Mag (.50 AE?)
--.41 Mag
--.475 Wildey Mag
--7.65mm Luger

30. .40 super, others: zero

I thought there would be 4-5 .357sig, and none or maybe one .400CB, so I surprised to see that these are catching on rather quickly. Any comments on this stuff?

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited July 28, 1999).]

Thank you Futo Inu. Glad to see that the .45 still rules.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

BrokenArrow

Ask the ammo companies what they sell most? What the most reloading components sold are for? Lots of ways to look at this.

9mm rules worldwide in pol/mil sales, 40 in the US. 357SIG is easy to offer (just pop in a barrel), but really isn't that popular, though I think it will stay.

------------------
>>>>---->

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
They have to sell more 9mm so the girls can shoot - and it takes so many more nines to do what 1 or 2 .45s get done.
-----
((It's a joke, guys, just a joke!!! :D ))

Status
Not open for further replies.