Info. on HK PSP, not P7 nor P7M8

Capt. Dixie

I am looking for value info. on my unfired PSP. Date-code indicates 1979.
PSP pre-dated the P7M8. I understand the actual slide-marked "PSP" are
a rare bird. One site said only about 900 were made. I was hoping someone
with definitive documented knowledge could shed addl. light on the details of the PSP value. My search has not revealed any such info. Any help would be gratefully acknowledged. TIA. :)

noorked

some info here http://hkp7.com/ . The actual "mod PSP" marked p7s are the most rare. Are the grips checkered or stippled? hkpro.com would be a good resource on value. P7 in general having been going up in value steadily.

Capt. Dixie

Hello, noorked: Thanks for the info. I got ya on the ones marked "mod. PSP". Mine does not say "mod"; only "PSP" after the serial #. Grips are stippled. I've checked most forums and used to be long-time member on Park Cities Tactical so fairly knowledgeable on P7s in toto. I do thank you for your input. Any addl. knowledge is super. Thanks. :)

noorked

Anytime, I love the p7. Looking through the HK history book, it sates the "psp" can only be found on the first 239 pistols. Book lists 479 being made, starting with 500xxx. number of slide serrations changed during production. 18 narrow or 9 wide. Also has info on the squeeze lever & trigger changes.

Last edited:

Capt. Dixie

PSP

That is good stuff. Never had the HK book and that is a great resource. Thanks very much for looking that up, noorked.

noorked

Very welcome , wish I knew of a value to put on it. Being an unfired psp with a low serial number & rare , Its probably reasonable to assume its worth 1k-1600 .
Surplus early p7s were in the 4-600 range a few years ago . Currently range 7-800 most places I've seen them. P7m8 currently range 8-1400 .

Does your psp have import markings?

serial info here http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...list-associated-manufacture-import-years.html

Last edited:

PSP

It is all but impossible to put a value on your PSP. So few are around and fewer still ever surface for sale. These are as collectable as any model made. I'd guess the prices would command something north of $2K, as the K3s and Jubilee models do.

PSP marked P7s were produced at both ends of the long production run. The last ones made in 1995 or '96.

Good luck with the sale.

Pilot

Good for you! Even minty P7M8's are fetching high dollars now $1,200 - $1,500, so I think $2K isn't out of line. They are wonderful pistols.