Info needed on springfield PX9104LP

pdiamajr

I would like an info for this 1911 if anyone have shot or own this. What do you think of the alluminum frame? Is this a great gun for the price of $825? I am planning to get this by weekend. Thanks.

45Gunner

Don't have experience with this particular model but I can tell you that I own several Springfields and each one is a very nice gun, tight fit, smooth shooter, and needed no tweaking out of the box. I wouldn't hesitate buying any 1911 style pistol by Springfield.

QBall45

Full size loaded lightweight two tone?
Nice looking gun.

I use a 9142 SS Champion loaded. This one is fantastic.

I would not be afraid to buy another 1911 from Springfield.

spyderdude

I owned one for about a week and sold it. I was looking all over the place for a Springfield full size loaded model and that was the only one I came across. I didn't realize it had a stripped grip screw and would not tighten down, and when I ran a function check the hammer would fall to the half cock position when the slide returned to battery. This gun was bought used. I favor the all steel 1911s and the Loaded Lightweight Bi-Tone really wasn't what I wanted.

If you like full size 1911s and don't want to deal with the weight of an all steel model for carry, then the aluminum framed 1911s are a good alternative, because you save about 8 or 9 ounces. That may not seem like much but it is when you compare it to an all steel frame. A few days ago I finally found a full size all steel Loaded model and am very happy with it!

Springfield1911Loaded.jpg

It's one sweet looking gun though!

Last edited:

eddiejoe333

I thought I was going to have to start a new thread, because I just put a used Springfield 1911 A1 on layaway. I got mine for $600 plus tax. I'm not sure how used it is, but it has adjustable sights, wraparound finger grips, and a beveled magazine well. I'm not sure of the finish, so maybe someone can help. It is polished on the sides of the slide and the frame, but the top and other areas are black. Anyone know about this finish?

Thanks

greghalliday

It twinges just a little bit in my soul when I realize that I decided to save 300 bucks and buy the RIA 1911 instead of this very Bi-Tone model. When I was at Impact, I picked it up and my wife said, ooooh. It's a really nice looking gun. I sometimes wish I would have just bought it. One solace, though, is that the trigger on the RIA is actually better in my opinion.

I called the company because of the aluminum frame. They don't recommend shooting +P ammo out of it. I can see their reasoning, but I highly doubt it would make much difference. Standard pressure .45 is so good that it is a rather moot point anyway.
Greg

45Gunner

Ain't nothing wrong with a RIA. Bought one for less than $400 brand new and I was very impressed. Thought I was going to use it for a platform for a custom build but it's a tack driver and I'm not messing with it. Only thing I did was change out the crappy looking grips which dressed it up a whole lot.