Info needed, are all Beretta 84 mags the same?

Viper99

Hello all,
If they say the mags are for a Beretta 84 will it fit all the 84 models? I have the 84F. Does anyone know a good place to purchase the 10 rounds ones?

Regards

PSP

All 81 series mags for the model 84, regardless of the year made, should fit. Try CDNN, they usually have them. Gunbroker probably a good source. Ebay has some too.

Edit; Meant to say 80 series, not 81. My mistake. :eek:

Last edited:

dogtown tom

Viper99 Hello all,
If they say the mags are for a Beretta 84 will it fit all the 84 models?
Yes, The magazine doesn't know or care if it's being used in an 84F, 84BB or even the Browning BDA.

PSP All 81 series mags for the model 84, regardless of the year made, should fit.
Wrong.
The Beretta 81 is a .32acp/7.56mm handgun and magazines are not interchangeable with the Beretta 84 which is a .380.

chrisp51

I just bought two new mecgar 84 mags from numrich for $18.95 each. I think shipping was $7.95. Lowest price I could find on the net.

carguychris

Viper99 said:
Does anyone know a good place to purchase the 10 rounds ones?
As I write this, Numrich has them for $20.20.

Other than capacity, the only significant variation in the factory 84/BDA magazines is blued or nickel finish. The nickel ones have better corrosion protection but they're quite uncommon and arguably not worth obsessing over.

Before you ask, pistols with and without the magazine disconnect use the same magazines.
dogtown tom said:
The Beretta 81 is a .32acp/7.56mm handgun and magazines are not interchangeable with the Beretta 84 which is a .380.
Correct. FWIW Beretta 81 magazines may be quickly distinguished by 2 narrow vertical ribs in each side of the magazine.

The 10-round 84/BDA mags have a single broader vertical indention in the sides to restrict the capacity.
PSP said:
Meant to say 80 series, not 81. My mistake.
FWIW both terms may be considered correct.

The pistols were originally referred to as the Series 81 because the 80 was a .22S target pistol of distinct and unrelated design. Older Beretta factory literature says "Series 81". However, the Beretta 80 is so uncommon and the "80 Series" or "Series 80" nomenclature has become so ubiquitous that Beretta has also started referring to the pistols as the Series 80. :rolleyes:

Last edited: