Inexpensive Presentation Box

Schlitz 45

A while back I bought several wooden Winchester ammo boxes, used the ammo, & now started making one of them into a box to hold Mrs. Schlitz revolver. I have some gray velvet for lining & pecan stain leftover from another project that should look good. Also have some artwork for the lid & sides I'm working on. Should keep me busy for a while & improve on the cardboard box it's being kept in. Here's a photo of the roughed out box and one of the originals. I'll post a finished pic when it's done.
4wQ1NlLl.jpg

Schlitz 45

Made some progress on the gun box, still a ways to go. Decided rather than try & line it with fabric I'm going to flock the inside for a smooth seamless look.Have to get the outside finish completed & then flock it with silver/gray, should look good.
S7BNqhLl.jpg

Schlitz 45

Got the interior flocking done-this was definitely the way to go, much easier than messing with fabric. Still have some clean up & finishing touches but you get the general idea & it's a pretty simple project for any gun or knife that doesn't have a case to show it off in.
Uf8o2jvl.jpg

Last edited:

Schlitz 45

Received the 22WMR cylinder from Heritage today-only took 8 weeks. Made a display lid from some spare acrylic I had & overall it's a nice box for a $150 gun plus Mrs. Schlitz likes it.
sDzfm6Sl.jpg