Inexpensive or bulk non-toxic ammo?

Cosmodragoon

Where can I buy non-toxic ammo in bulk or at a reasonable rate for regular use in a variety of calibers? Copper bullets are alright but my real concern is the primers. I know a lot of them put up a plume of persistently toxic materials that, as I've started shooting more often, I really would rather not be inhaling.

Before anyone retorts that this is silly to worry about, think again. Inhalation is a primary method of lead intake among shooters. I know some of you have been shooting under all sorts of conditions with no apparent problems for longer than I've been alive. I also know a vigorous old man who smoked two packs a day in a career working with asbestos and still gets a significant portion of his calories from drink. Health is probabilistic but there is little doubt that regularly adding lead to your system, like heavy smoking, tends to tip that balance very unfavorably.

So, who knows where can I get some reliable, decent-quality, non-toxic ammo more affordably?

Brit

You are right about lead poisoning, I shot for years on an indoor range (a bunker) where I held my training.

Got a right dose of lead.

Moved down to Orlando in 2003, got my balance back, skin color, blue tint out of my nails, took the best part of a year, no more indoor ranges!

And wash your hands and face, get the sticky pads to walk on when you leave the range.

Undress in the mud room, all clothes in the wash.

If it is your job, take extra care when you have rug rats!