Inexpensive 2-stage AR trigger

tangolima

Are there 2-stage triggers below $75 for ar-15? It doesn't need to be good out-of-box. All the 2-stage I have managed to find are silly expensive. Thanks.

-TL

BigBL87

Rock River Arms 2 Stage Match trigger is probably the best match for what you're looking for.

http://www.primaryarms.com/ar0093nmk/p/ar0093nmk/

You can usually find it on sale cheaper than the $99 listed at PA if you look around a bit. They have a pretty good reputation, but I haven't personally owned one so can't say from personal experience.

I personally splurged and paid $140 for a Geissele G2S and have been very happy with it.

tangolima

Thanks. That's probably the lowest price for a 2-stage. I just can't understand why they are so expensive. The design is not new. It is the same as in m1 garand. AK trigger is a variant of the same design, but much cheaper. Some of the boutique names are excellent out-of-box, I get it. But I just need a so-so one and I can tune it myself.

-TL

dgludwig

QUOTE: "Rock River Arms 2 Stage Match trigger is probably the best match for what you're looking for.

http://www.primaryarms.com/ar0093nmk/p/ar0093nmk/

You can usually find it on sale cheaper than the $99 listed at PA if you look around a bit. They have a pretty good reputation, but I haven't personally owned one so can't say from personal experience..."

I have owned a rifle with the Rock River Arms "National Match" 2-stage trigger for several years now and can report from "personal experience" that it is a very reliable and smooth trigger. Hard to beat it, especially when you take its relatively low price when compared to other, more pricey "after-market" triggers into account.

Pacman

I have a Rock River and love it. Legal Transfer LLC in Ocala, FL. has them for a pretty good price. They have two versions. The varmint trigger pull is the one I have, and it has a light, crisp release. Under $100.