Indiana Jones

Glock 31

I'm not sure which movie it is, but in the scene where the nazi plane is circling around to attack Indie and his dad, he pulls out his revolver, opens it from the top it seemed, and the cylinder was empty. Then his dad brings the plane down with a flock of seagulls.

What revolver is this that he uses, and what form of action is it when the whole barrell and top of the gun hinges down? Are these revolvers easy to come by, what caliber?

Help me out movie buffs.:cool:

Handy

The most common hinged revolver of the era was the Webley. But in the rest of the movies he has a S&W, I believe.

Grayfox

Indy's gun in The Last Crusade was a Webley Mark VI most commonly found in .455 caliber. Unconfirmed reports say that they gun actually used in the movie had been converted to .45acp.
In Raiders Indy used a Smith & Wesson 2nd Model Hand Ejector.
Details Here

DPris

Member Emeritus
Glock,
The Webleys were break-top double-action British military revolvers, used in various calibers & models designations from the late 1800s to the 1950s. You can find them occasionally at gun shows, might watch the internet sites that auction or sell guns. Prices are going up steadily, probably about $400-$500, depending on condition, caliber, and modifications. Caliber of the Indy gun was .455 originally, smaller Webleys were also made in .38 S&W (or 38/200)caliber. Many .455s were converted to shoot .45 ACP in this country.
Denis

chuckles

And back in the early 60s you could buy those through mail order for $17-25 each. They also sold S&W 1917s and Colts for about the same price. Of course that was Kleins in Chicago, which I believe, is where Oswald bought his Carcano.