Indian Arms

armabill

Does anyone know at what serial number that Indian Arms of Michigan starting putting red paint on their sights?

Also, what is the serial number of the first and the last ones that were made?

The lowest that I saw was 002321 and the highest was 005079.
Only about 1000 were made but the difference between the lowest and the highest serial number that I found shows otherwise.

armabill

Indian Arms.jpg

Cemo

I bought one new in the 70's, a great shooter, but it landed in a trade for something else. It was a Walter PPK copy, as they could not be imported to due to the 68' gun regs.

bedbugbilly

Thanks for posting a photo - a very nice looking pistol! I learned something new today! I'd never heard of them although I was certainly "of age" when they were making them - pluse I live about 75 mi. from Detroit! Thanks for sharing it with us and I hope you're able to come up with the info you're looking for. :)

RJay

It is a Walther copy ( unauthorized ), the 1968 GCA which went into effect in 1970 did stop the importation of the Walther PPK, but they were quickly being made in the US under Interarms, plus the PPK/S was introduced which was importable. The Indian Arms big claim to fame was that fact it could be gotten in Stainless Steel, which was unavailable with the Walther's. They are also listed as being made in Blued steel, but I have never seen such an animal.