In-Lines or MML's have peaked

Pahoo

Traditionalists like myself and In-Liners, could care less. Now there is one thing that all can agree on. Any wonder why TC, stopped making SideLocks, that were selling for up to $600.00 and not selling well, when they can make a break-action that sells for about $250.00. ...... :rolleyes:

Evolution of the MMLs;
I give credit to Tony Knight for his MK-85 that was an open breach striker-fired, No. 11 cap. Others followed suit until we now have the simpler closed breach, break or box action and 209-primers. They stumbled a bit on removable breach plugg but finally getting better at it. I've read where 90% of M/L sales are going to MML's. Last visit to our Cabela's, was disappointed to see only one SideLock and it was in kit form. ...... :confused:

As Stated, I could care less and will continue to appreciate my SideLocks.

Be Safe !!!

FrontierGander

more and more folks over at my place have been buying sidelocks and getting into it. If theres no education or friendly places to help folks, they'll go with an inline. I shoot them all, but sidelocks are my favorite.

You have to bring the romance of a sidelock into play, show how easy they are and how they can be reliable and let the shooter decide what he wants to use.

One thing for sure, I've dumped 3 traditional forums this year due to piss poor attitudes towards new shooters that come in asking questions and you got the forum trolls that ride their rear ends for asking questions because they dont know.

deerslayer303

I think alot of folks haven't seen a sidelock due to the mass availability of inlines. When I took my buck to the processor, my brother mentioned I took him with a roundball. Everyone said huh?? I told them what the rifle was that I used and they all wanted to see it. I pulled it out of the truck and it quickly drew a crowd. Lots of folks commented on how nice it looked, but alot of folks were impressed with how light it was. One guy said he always thought they would be super heavy. I would like to think I sold a few traditional rifles that morning. Now this was in Spartanburg, a game zone that has a ML season. With that said, I think some folks will gravitate toward a traditional if it is their preference. If you will remember, I myself bounced in this forum as a newbie not knowing a thing and I had a Traditions buck Stalker that brought me here. I was quickly drawn to a sidelock by seeing posts here about them. Now it's sidelocks all the way for me. Heck I'm slowly starting to get the itch for a rock lock now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's only one inline that I like and it was posted at THR. It was a mid-19th Century one with an open frame that allowed you to put a percussion cap on the nipple that was smack dab on the breechplug. I tried to get the member to write an article on it for Muzzle Blasts but that never happened.

Pahoo

Waiting for the SideLock revival

I pulled it out of the truck and it quickly drew a crowd. Lots of folks commented on how nice it looked, but alot of folks were impressed with how light it was.
Every time I take my SideLocks to the range, I draw plenty of attention and wind up giving a mini-class on Traditional M/L's I usually take about three but mostly soot one. Folks really like the sound and smoke and many have never been epode to them. There is always and appreciation. I keep waiting for a SideLock revival. ..... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

deerslayer303

Yeah, that too. The last time I was at the range working up a deer load. 2 guys came down the hill from the pistol ranges amd said, " we just came down to see who was shooting the cannon" [emoji2] Nothing like the BOOM from a smoke pole.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Strafer Gott

I picked up one of the Cabela "Rolling Block" inlines, and once I got over it being a .53 caliber, it's actually somewhat neat.

drobs

While it sure aint pretty to look at, $179 gets you an inline from Cabela's. That will put meat on the table.

s7_218848_imageset_04

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo..._st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNP&recordsPerPage=48