Imr 4007ssc

langenc

Im going to get some and try it on 223 after I check IMR website and see what they say about that powder for that cartridge.

mrawesome22

I just learned of this new powder today and also hope to pick some up soon and try it out in my 22-250Rem.

Yay! A new powder to try!:) Woohoo

castnblast

You get tired of your benchmark? :rolleyes: I was curious about BL-C(2)...but since I can nail a fly at 100 w/ my benchmark, I figure, why jack w/ a good thing... I still haven't found my favorite powder for 55gr Sierra BTSP's. I'd like to get the accuracy I'm getting out of my speer 50gr. Just not quite there yet. You were dead on w/ the advice on the 50s. I did get some odd results for this round though. I got a real tight pattern at 34.5gr. and 36gr. charge. I'm going w/ the 36 just because it's faster.

mrawesome22

Not tired of the patterns with the Benchmark CastnBlast. I got a IMR pamplet in the mail the other day and it was full of ads for 4007SSC, claiming it was the cat's meow in the varmint cartridges. I figured I'd give it a try. Maybe it will give me those one hole five shot groups I'm after.:)

I thought you'd like those 50's. The IMR data is showing 3945fps with a charge of 40.2gr out of a 24" barrel. Which is even faster than the Benchmark.:eek: