I'm such an idiot

warbirdlover

In a number of other threads I stated my new Remington SPS Buckmasters .270 had the new X-Mark Pro trigger but it wasn't adjustable - just like the Gander and Midwest salesmen said.

It IS adjustable! I wasn't looking "far" enough up the trigger. It's in a slightly different spot then the Remington pictures show (or at least it seems to be). Sorry for my alzheimer's (or whatever). :D

Last edited:

BusGunner007

I was wondering about that when you posted it in the now locked thread.
I have a 2010 catalog that says this year's model is adjustable, and you said your new rifle is current inventory...so, I was wondering.
Glad you found 'IT'.

:D

oneshot onekill

Just please be careful or have a Qualified Person do the adjusting. It's widely accepted in the Shooting World that improperly adjusted Remington triggers were behind the recent news story about Remington triggers being dangerous. I know your trigger is a different model than the one in question but still... Be careful.

warbirdlover

My trigger weight (checked with my RCBS trigger pull gauge) from the factory is 3-1/2 lbs (56 oz.). This is where I like a hunting rifle and I won't be changing it.

hootey

Happy to hear I tis not the only one that has a "GOOBER" moment. Happens to the best of us(grandpa used to say that so, it has to be true). If that's the worst that happens, be thankful. Hootey.......................................::D