I'm really disappointed.......

reticle

....in my SIG 230. I've owned a few SIGs and never had a problem with them. A while back, I bought a SIG 230 in .380. I took it out and it jammed two-three times every mag.

Has anyone else owned the 230 and had this problem?

omegapd

No experience with the Sig itself, but what ammo were you shooting? I finished off a box of the Winchester stuff from Wal Mart (100 rounds FMJ) and they all have a flat point nose that's different from the UMC and other .380 rounds.

You think it could be ammo related or what type of jams were you having?

RobRocket

Had a Sig 230, the slide is very low and not much beaver tail on it and after it bit me 2 times I got rid of it. Just didn't fit my hand well I suppose!

chasgrips45

If it`s been shot quite a bit ,i`d go ahead & change the recoil spring. The 232 was modified slightly to help with the occasional jam. On second thought ,try some different ammo. The 230 was a little more ammo sensitive. Do the simple stuff first! I own both & they both work fine ,however I changed recoil spring on the 230 . Hope that helps. Chas.

reticle

I think I was using ball type ammo. It's possible that it could be ammo sensitive. In my disappointment, I failed to consider that. I'll try the recoil spring advice too.

Any other perspectives are appreciated.

Mastrogiacomo

I've got the 228. For a few weeks, couldn't load the mags and had to (with effort) leave them loaded to the hilt to break it in. I've never experienced any gun so bad with mags. Then using it, hit me with every shell. Two weeks ago towards the end, slide didn't lock back when empty. Took it out yesterday, worked fine but personally, I don't think the Sig's the Cat's meow anymore - probably why I own seven Berettas and just one Sig.

reticle

The weapon is used, though most of the wear is on the slide. I don't care as it is not meant to be a beauty queen. I have enough of those, and can't bring myself to carry them.

The jams are consistently failure to go fully into battery. If one can imagine looking at the breach from the side, the round would be jammed partially up the ramp where the ogive is inserted, but the casing is bound between the slide and ramp.

nemesis

Lubricate well, DO NOT limp-wrist when firing. If problems persist, change recoil spring.

Non-locking, blow-back guns require strong springs to operate and do not tolerate limp-wristing.

springmom

that's odd

The hubster carries this as his primary CCW and shoots it regularly at the range. Not a single problem. Sorry to hear about yours.

Springmom