I'm not a thief......but I stole this!

Rembrandt

Stopped by Sam's Club for a couple of items, and saw this with the closeout and clearance items. Looked again at the price, not sure it was real or not....asked a clerk and they assured me it was correct. Seems it was a floor display model with a little scratch on the back corner. Been needing another safe for the overflow.....
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Kreyzhorse

Well done. I'd have bought it. It may not keep the most determined out, but if you think about it, not much really will. That safe will serve you and your guns very well.

"not tough enough for a cutting torch but it will do for the most likely."

Probably wouldn't hold up to a Phoenix missile, either, but what are you going to do...

LockedBreech

Mike Irwin said:
Probably wouldn't hold up to a Phoenix missile, either, but what are you going to do...

LOL. My thoughts exactly. Ocean's Eleven don't target my gun stash too often. A lovely-looking safe like that (for an ABSURDLY low price, congratulations!) can't be carried away, and the odds that you'll need more than that, providing you do not live in Beirut and keep it back in a study or a workshop corner, are lower than a shark attack.

mellow_c

;)lol @ Mike....

That is just funny....

Yup for $185 on a brand new safe of that size and security, you did GREAT! With a deal like that, I would have concidered buying it for my girl friend:D:p

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the electronic safes. Just because I dont trust electronics. But then again, you SHOULD have reliably quicker access, and bottom line is... thats a great deal, and I would have bought it too. Congrats!;)

Gbro

My electric lock did go bad on a safe identical to that one. I special ordered the elect. Lock and that option added $100.00 to the price. Ohh how I miss that elect. Lock.
Maybe in place of being called a thief we can just call you a "Blind Squirrel".
There was a mistake made but you got lucky and have a clear consiouns too, so good for you!

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I would have concidered buying it for my girl friend

If you do this, don't forget to drill air holes... They won't take little breaths when they are madder than an ol' wet hen!
Go scratch a few more and call us!
I was ready to head up to my Sam's with a rasp until I read this...
Congratulations...What state? I see that they aren't available in Florida at any Sam's Club...

Brent

AirForceShooter

Wrong. You're as thief.
See? Crime does pay.

My problem with something like that is getting it home.
Bad back and don't have a pick-up any longer

AFS

Boatme98

With a deal like that, I would have concidered buying it for my girl friend

Yeah, it always sounds like a good idea at first, but it really is better to just break up with her. :D

teumessian_fox

Thats a nice safe,but not tough enough for a cutting torch but it will do for the most likely.

Kind of a dumb statement. No typical home safe will stop a knowledgeable and determined thief. I can get into any home safe with a circular saw and masonry blades if I have enough time. A couple of hours would do. Hint: The sides and back are thinner than the front.

To the OP: Kudos on grabbing a bargain.

flightline

really, safes like this one ( and really any safe you find new for under a grand ) can take less than a minute to open with crow-bars and such. Even safes that have a fairly good reputation still have laughably thin steel, when you compare it to how thick they are designed to look.

The Liberty Centurion, which seems to be a pretty popular and respected option, has an MSRP of $900, but the steel is less than 1/8" thick.

If you have really valuable stuff, step up to a Brown safe or something of that calibre.
Be wary of any safe that doesn't put the thickness of the steel front and centre, as it's really the most important parameter. Forgo the internal hinges, extra bolts, fancy relockers, etc, just make sure you get something with thick steel.

http://www.brownsafe.com/categories/faq/SBG_Gun_Safes.html

A safe is only one element of what should be a layered defensive system.

Do I expect my safe, a Fort Knox, to stand up to a sustained assault?

No.

That's why I have a multi-layered defense.

Rembrandt

flightline said:
If you have really valuable stuff, step up to a Brown safe or something of that calibre. Be wary of any safe that doesn't put the thickness of the steel front and centre, as it's really the most important parameter. Forgo the internal hinges, extra bolts, fancy relockers, etc, just make sure you get something with thick steel.

Didn't really buy it for it's quality attributes.....it was a price thing. Already have another that meets higher spec criteria.