I'm new to these, Rock River Arms gurus I need your help.

1BadF350

Was on RRA's web site today becasuse I'm interested in that particular style(is it AR-15?) of .223. The options were endless and there were seveal models offered. I feel like I;m walking blindly into this. I need some help selecting a great model with the opropriate options. I don't want to look back and think "I shoulda bought this or that". Help me pick a GREAT model.

Lycanthrope

AR-15's come in a bunch of styles. It will really depend upon what you want it for: Varmint shooting, competition, plinking, home defense.....the possibilities are endless. For an all around gun in a competition/mid range shooting or hunting arena, it's hard to beat a 20" flat top (Standard A4). For plinking, defense or just plain fun gunning, a lot of people prefer the shorter and lighter CAR A4.

I prefer the flat tops as you can always bolt on a carry handle or back up iron sights along with using an optic alone or co witnessed with the irons.

PzGren

To learn about AR's you will have to got to AR15.com. It is a great site with a lot of info on the AR-type rifles.
RRA is a very good manufacturer. Certain types, like the M4, are kind of hard to find since the AWB sunsetted.