Im looking to buy a .22 pistol

Jezz

Im looking to buy a .22 pistol and I have narrowed my choices to the Beretta 87T and the Browning buckmark contour. I have heard positives about both pistols, but i have herad that the trigger on the Beretta needs work and the Buckmark may only like certain types of ammo. The Beretta is around $300 dollars more expensive (in Australia) is it worth the extra $$ or will i be better off with the Browning?

UtahHunting

I have never shot the Beretta but own the Buckmark. It will feed ANY ammo I put through it. The trigger is very nice right out of the box and the gun is very accurate. I don't know if it made a difference, but the first 500 rounds we shot were the CCI mini mags. Now we feed it whatever we can find including Federal bulk packs and Winchester bulk packs. We never have any problems with it.

10-96

I too have the Buckmark and would highly recommend it. Some forums mention that it's not the easiest to disassemble- but I find it's actually pretty easy. Sights are good, ergonomics suit me, hasn't rusted yet, tough finish, feeds everything I've fed it, spare magazines available, good balance, almost nil recoil tilt, matches my favorite hat, table cloth, and truck seats. What's not to like?

Zhillsauditor

I've never shot the beretta, although I typically like berettas very much. The price difference is pretty large. I like my buckmark's trigger, but I got it used and it may have had work done before I owned it. I would suggest at that price range to get the buckmark, and have some work done on it if you find the trigger isn't what you want. The "problems" with buckmark takedown involve needing to remove two screws (and potentially losing them) to field strip the gun. Don't lose them (or buy extras just in case)--problem solved. I've not had difficulty feeding the buckmark ammo, but I haven't tried a lot of ammo in it, just federal auto match, some cheap remington, and aquila LRN.

I have fallen in love with my s&w m41, and, if you lived in the states, that is what I would suggest getting.

pilpens

I have shot a beretta 87T a couple of times only.
I would go with the buckmark with metal sight rails - I do not like the plastic sight rails. See Browning Buckmark vs Ruger MKIII thread.
I have two browning buckmarks:
1. bullseye model with blue 7 inch fluted bull barrel - good out of the box, no mods.
2. Hunter model with blue 7 inch bull with fiber optic front sight and scope rail - replaced with a 4 inch barrel & metal sight rail and regular front sight, sear spring flip to lighten trigger pull, and silicon tape on sight rail screw to stop it from backing out.

Last edited: