Im looking for my next gun...

Sixer

I need some guidance. Right now I have a G23 as my CCW. Let me first say that I love this gun. However... the ammo ( 40S&W ) is a bit pricey, the size isnt the best for CCW, and "curb appeal" leaves much to be desired.

I would like to find a gun that meets the following criteria and Im not quite sure where to start.

Here are my list of demands :D ....

size - smaller than a compact Glock but bigger than a "pocket pistol"
caliber - prefer 9mm but am also considering .38
price - I've set a budget of $700 but less is better
appearance - shiny! I really want something with stainless or bi-tone finish
conditioin - prefer new but not opposed to buying an unmolested used gun
reliabillity, accuracy, etc are all important as well!

I think thats about it... I hope thats enough info. Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom! :)

CortJestir

Walther PPS, perhaps? Only thing it doesn't have to meet your criteria is the finish. Some would consider it a pocket pistol, but I don't think anyone can really pocket it comfortably unless you were wearing cargos.

Sixer

All great guns... That EMP is SWEET, but might be a little out of my price range. Im gonna check out the Kahr and the Walther. Dont get me wrong, I love my Glock but I dont really want another one. They all look the same... I need to diversify :)

okmic1

I went out and shot my XD-9 today. It cost about $40 for 200 rounds of 9mm luger. I love that gun. Mine is plain black, but they come in bi-tone too.

greenjeans

Another vote for the Kahr. I have the CW9 and the CW45. I alternate carrying them. Thinnest that you are going to find, much more so than the Glock, and also lighter (not knocking Glocks, they are great pistols).

astromanluca

Just make sure that whatever you get, you practice with it a lot and get good! Small guns are significantly harder to fire accurately than big ones.

Also, if you're willing to go .38, look at the Beretta 85fs Cheetah. It's a very compact, pretty little gun.