I'm confused about Kimber night sights...

Jack Straw

I decided that a set of night sights would make a good Christmas present for me. I've been reading around trying to decide what would be the best ones to get and the answer consistently seems to be Trijicon. I went to their website to see if they make a sight for the Kimber Classic Custom. Under the list of Kimbers I did not see the Classic Custom mentioned so I emailed them just to find out for sure. I just received a response from them which states that their sight #KB01 fits the following Kimbers: Polymer Custom, Compact, Polymer Stainless, Pro Eclipse II, Pro Carry, Ultra Ten II, Ultra Carry. They do not recommend putting the sight on a gun that is not specifically on the list and they gave me the information to get in touch with Novak Sights.

I know I have heard of others having Trijicons put on their Kimbers; were none of them on the Classic Custom? I have called some local gun shops and they gladly give me price for a set of Trijicons for my Classic Custom (I am specific about the model) and the fee to install them.

So who's right??? Did I get someone at Trijicon that doesn't know their product or are the shops selling me something that won't work properly on my gun (the person from Trijicon did mention that there could be problems with fit and point of impact).

If I don't hurry up I won't get squat for Christmas!

Jack :confused:

45Rookie

Meprolight should make a set of night sights for the Custom Classic. The Kimber TLE has meprolights on it. thats basically a Custom Classic II with nightys and 30LPI front strap. I would call Kimber and find out from someone at the Custom Shop and talk to a live person.

45R

RANash

2nd vote for Meprolights. I have them on my Kimber Ultra CDP and Trijicons on my Browning High Power, and you can't tell the difference in terms of brightness or quality. The reason I'd say get the Meprolights for the Kimber is because Meprolight has a sweetheart deal with Kimber (or else Kimber owns them, or something) and Meprolight will have the exact right set for the Classic Custom, no doubt about it.

Sundance

I have two Classic Stainless full-size. Same gun as a Custom but in stainless. One came with night sights from the factory. The sights are identical to the non-night-sighted gun except for the tritium inserts. They make them, just some moron at Kimber doesn't know they make them. But, if I was changing the sights on my gun, I would go with Novak's anyway.

jaysouth

Kimber is Trijicon's biggest competitor. Kimber is now importer and master distributor for Meprolight products in the U.S.

The only experience that I have with Meprolight is very recent. I had a Glock 19 outfitted with them. They are much brighter than year-old Trijicons on an officer's model. I am still satisfied with my Trijicons on everything else.(7 pistols currently.)