I'm buying this AR- Any regrets?

Hedley

Ok guys(and FS2K), since this is my first NIB purchase, I'm getting butterflies. Do you AR-types approve of this kit as my entry to the realm of the black rifle? ie- Is DTI a good barrel, etc... It will sport a DPMS lower, A2 buttstock, and the chrome lined option. It's sole purpose will be that of a range toy and to keep my safe's commie rifles in check. Am I restricting myself to any add-ons(retro triangle handguards in particular) by going with a mid length 16"?

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt104.htm

A few questions- Should I expect the flash supressor to be removable? Part of the fun is putting aftermarket crap on it.

And is that a bayo lug I see?

Thanks

HappyGunner

A OK

Del-ton is a good and trusted vendor what they sell they backup. Your buying quality parts and I am betting your going to like the new AR.:) And yes there is so many items you can buy to upgrade the system.;)

MMcfpd

Looks good.

The flash hider ought to be removable, but if you're concerned, ask.

I'm putting an A1 (triangular) handguard on a 16" barrel in the near future, and it will fit, with plenty of room for a front sight.

DonR101395

FS2K

Seems like a very nice kit to me.

And for $465.00 I'd say it's a decent price too. How much is the DPMS Lower gonna cost you if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.

Yes, the Bayonet lug is there.

I have no experience with the DTI Barrels, however I do like the fact that the kit comes with a heavy 16" barrel and not an M4gery with the cut-outs for the M203 on it. Since the barrel is a 16" I am 99% sure the flash hider will be removable.

Hey, good luck and have fun putting this project together! EVerything looks A-OK Hedley, I think ths would be a good "Starter" AR15.

And by the way, I think the A2 rear stock will give your gun a clean look too. Good choice.

DonR101395

I have no experience with the DTI Barrels, however I do like the fact that the kit comes with a heavy 16" barrel and not an M4gery with the cut-outs for the M203 on it. Since the barrel is a 16" I am 99% sure the flash hider will be removable.

That 16" heavy barrel is truly heavy. I'd go with a govt profile or medium contour barrel. It swings easier and won't wear you out by the end of the day. I have the 16" HB from Del Ton it's a Wilson barrel and performs ok. I just decided it was too heavy to continue doing training classes with. I finally put a 12" FF tube, bipod and Acog on it. It mainly sees range time shooting prone. When I shoot out the barrel it will be replaced with a 1/8 18" stainless midlength barrel. The A2 stock is a nice touch. If it seems a little long you can also look at the Cav Arms A1 stock. It's 5/8" shorter. Good luck with whatever you decide.