I'll Tell You What

ShootingNut

I don't share the confidence that some seem to have, in their Lee Pro Auto Powder equipment.
Have been having misfires with my .38 Spl loads, at least one out of 50 rounds.
Loading today, just by luck weighed one that dropped a 1.0 grain, with others at 3.2 to 3.6 grains of Hodgdon Titegroup.
So, I weighed the next 50 rounds (That's fun), and found another drop at
1.4 grains. So much for the accurate powder drops. Yes, I was doing my full stroke on my Lee Classic Turret, using it as a single stage because of other problems.

I am using a Lee Pro Autodisk and have a .1 to .2 variance (always low) in my powder charges between 3.5 and 6 grains. I weighed about 150 charges (50 .40SW, 50 .380, 50 9mm) and it was very consistent.

In my first few reloading sessions I would produce an occasional light charge, I found that if I wasn't afraid to "bang away" at the bottom of the stroke that the powder would settle more evenly for a more consistent charge.

I also read that getting a powder baffle helps, and actually tapping the powder measure with a plastic hammer adds to charge consistency as well (and not with just Lee products, the big dollar boys sometimes need that extra encouragement).

3.2 to 3.6 is a very wide window for the powder cavities...are you using the adjustable charge bar??? If not I'd look into cleaning the auto-disks and the moving parts to make sure the disks or bar are going all the way to the front and the back...

Or I think it was RCBS that had a really cool powder measure...for about 330.00 ha ha. I don't know how experienced you are (sorry if I gave you advice you've already considered/done) but I have had absolutely zero problems out of my equipment since I figured out that Lee's powder conversion table for their auto-disks wasn't really all that accurate. A cheap digital scale and a plastic hammer ended my light charges.