• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Ignoring Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankenMauser

The vBulletin software includes the ability for members to chose to ignore other, specific members. Has this ability been disabled on TFL?

I have run into a few members lately that have absolutely nothing positive to say, but the posts aren't worthy of a suspension / warning / ban. I would like to have the choice to not be tortured by their idiotic babble.

Was the -ignore- ability disabled on these forums, or did vBulletin remove it in the latest update?

MrNiceGuy

go to the users profile
below their name will be a drop down menu called "user lists"
drag down to "Add to ignore list" and click

it's still there, and this is place is still running on the last version of vbulletin. the newer version adds nominal features

Mal H

Staff
You can also add to your ignore list by going to your own User CP and clicking on "Edit Ignore List" in "Settings and Options".

FrankenMauser

Thanks for the help.

I must have been having some kind of issue with cookies. Although logged in, my User CP has looked much different the last few days. After logging out, and back in; the option showed up.

Mal H

Staff
Ken: Yes! Any SIG will do.

"Kin ya put mods on the ignore list?" You kin try, but I think it would be a waste of time. Seriously, let me know if it works.

Mal H

Staff
My head is just swelling with authority which can't be ignored!
Ken! Be quiet! I know what you were about to say. ;)

I thought it might say something like that, but wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.