If you have a Savage Short Action rifle (10FP), take a look...

Powderman

I'm sure that folks have seen this rifle before...

MVC-002F.jpg

Good rifle action, but I could not get comfortable with this stock. I had to really work at getting a good shot off. Plus, the internal magazine was slow to top off, and to exchange ammunition was a pain.

So, after a lot of soul searching and research, I contacted a gentleman named Jeff, the owner of CDI Precision Gunworks, out of Sarasota, Florida. I explained my situation to him.

Bottom line: I purchased a Choate Savage Short Action Tactical Stock, direct from Choate--along with a large cheekpiece. Hint: The large cheekpieces for the Ultimate Sniper and Ultimate Varmint stocks work, too. I sent it off to Jeff, and here's what he did:

MVC-001F-2.jpg

He makes and installs bottom metal for this rifle. Now, I have a rifle that accepts the Accuracy International 5 and 10 round magazines. It feeds flawlessly, too! From what I understand, he also makes the bottom metal for other rifles as well.

Got an older Savage short action, with the 4.25 spacing between screws? Not to worry--that's what mine is! Jeff moved the hole a bit, and made it work perfectly.

Best part is the turnaround time...WELL under 2 weeks! No, that's not a typo, either! Jeff does quality work, and charges a fair price, too!

Take a look, and give him a call:

CDI Precision Gunworks - Home

Joat

The only question left to ask is, "How much does he charge for that conversion?". :D
Never mind, the prices are listed on his website.
Hot Link

Joat

Last edited:

riggins_83

I love the 10FP, one of my favorite Bolt action 308's made. That is a nice looking setup, too!! What load have you been using in it? Sending mine in for that mod is tempting...

sdfoiw3908aiosvgsvg.jpg